“Great local cup!”

River Road Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Newark
Reviewed 13 January 2016

Decided to stop here after reading reviews. Cafe Mocha was great - not too sweet, not too hot. Just right. Pastry selection looked good if you're into that. Looking forward to my next trip to Ohio to grab a cup of River Road Coffee!

Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

I stopped in to get a cup of coffee on my way to work in Columbus. It was my first day on my new promotion with a designer clothing company. I ordered a large house blend with cream and sugar. When i pulled up they seemed entirely too busy to even acknowledge me with anything other than "your total is". So i paid for my coffee and i got about a mile up the road to get onto 16 before i tried taking a sip. Well i had drops on my khaki suit. So i grabbed some napkins and wrapped them around the cup, and it was leaking out of the back. So as i was stopped at cherry valley road i thought id take off the lid and put it back on incase it was just on a seam or something. Once i took off the lid coffee poured all over me. They filled the coffee entirely too much. When i called to tell the manager he had no concern on trying to make it right. Offer no free coffee and no apologies. I had to turn around and head back to my house to change my clothes and ended up late to work on my first big day. It ruined my day, and my brand new Calvin Klein suit. I have never gone back since.

Reviewed 4 November 2014

There are two locations that I know of. One on 21st street in Newark, Ohio and another on River Road in Granville. They use other local producers like Petali Tea, Black Cat Bakery and One Line Coffee, etc. VERY POPULAR with locals and for good reason. We are lucky to have coffee shops like this.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Love this place. During the school year co-eds go to study and drink lots of coffee. An intimate setting in an old country house with plenty of places to get alone with the wi-fi or to sit and read. Great coffee and specialty sandwiches. Read the Sunday newspaper or get some coffee and go to a Denison sporting event!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Great atmosphere , great service, so awesome to find gluten free options as well. Loved it so much went back again the next day

Been to River Road Coffee House? Share your experiences!