“Great BBQ!”

City Barbeque
Ranked #3 of 123 Restaurants in Newark
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Fast-casual barbeque restaurant serving authentic comfort food. Serves award-winning BBQ, huge sandwiches, homemade sides, fresh salads, and incredible desserts. All meats—beef brisket, pulled pork, St. Louis–cut ribs, Amish chickens, turkey breast, and special-recipe sausage—are smoked on site, and all sides and desserts are made fresh daily in the restaurant. Caters thousands of events every year, of all sizes and styles: everything from formal weddings and backyard graduation parties to company picnics and family reunions. Great for lunch, dinner, dine-in, or carryout. Supports teammates and communities alike; prioritizes giving back to local charities and non-profits.
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

I had the pulled pork sandwich and it was spot on, tender, great flavor and little fat. The sides were amazing, I had the baked beans and the sweet potatoes. The beans were close to or as good as I've ever had, with huge chunks of brisket. The only thing I might change is the sauces, I didn't find one that I thought had the perfect flavor, but the original flavor was the best one for me. I will be back!

Date of visit: October 2018
Rachael L, Guest Relations Manager at City Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Hi Tim! We're so happy to hear you loved the pork and sides. Thank you for the review :)

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch and had a great meal. Wife got the pulled pork sandwich and I got the pick two meats. My meal was huge and I pulled pork and brisket. Mac and cheese is great. Staff was fast and friendly. Nice beer selection. My only one issue was the BBQ sauces themselves. None of them were great in my opinion but wife liked them. I would have liked to have a more traditional sauce. The great thing is the meat is so good it doesn’t even need sauce. Nice outdoor seating area. So I would definitely go and enjoy great food in a nice place!

Date of visit: October 2018
Rachael L, Guest Relations Manager at City Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Hey there! We're so glad you and your wife had a great lunch date, thanks for stopping by :)

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Fantastic BBQ. Order online and pick up to avoid crowds. The meats are amazing. Collard greens and corn pudding....YUM!

Date of visit: October 2018
Rachael L, Guest Relations Manager at City Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Hi Dan! Thanks for this awesome review, we're so glad you love our meats and sides! Be sure to download our app for $5 off next time :)

Reviewed 16 August 2018

We used to always go to Columbus for great BBQ and proffered Smokey Bones, but since this is closer we have become very fond of city BBQ. It always seems to hit the spot when we need that BBQ fix.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Excellent food and service. great place to take kis. Prices were pretty good also....But the BBQ was fantastic Will go again soon

Date of visit: July 2018
Rachael L, Guest Relations Manager at City Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Hello there! Thanks for taking the time to give us this awesome 5-star review! Download our app for $5 off your next visit :)

Been to City Barbeque? Share your experiences!