All reviews the pub oatmeal indoor pool front desk room was clean amish country sausage gravy up to date clean inside night's rest refrigerator and microwave hot breakfast hot tub free wifi pleasant surprise would stay here again nice stay
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

We booked a room through Choice Hotels for an evening in the area. It was a bit funky in decor but our room was clean and spacious. I suspect this had been another brand at one point and reinvented to its current status. The most disappointing thing is the in house pub. We came in from a play around midnight and very young girls were in lobby talking about drinking beer in pub. Ugh! They were most definitely underage.

The breakfast was standard fare and served in nice breakfast area.

To be truthful, I would not stay here again. Nothing terrible, just not quite on target.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We were just passing through this area of Ohio and picked this hotel because it was the last one for a number of miles, and it was getting late. I booked through the ChoiceHotels app with no problem. By the time we got to our room it was 10:30 p.m. and we were both tired. Our room looked over the indoor pool. There were a number of people talking and we could hear music but figured it would quiet down when the pool closed (midnight). Unfortunately the music did not stop - and we could feel the bass thumping well into the night. Because of the music I did not get to sleep until 2:30 a.m. When the desk clerk asked how our stay was I told him it was horrible because of the music. His response was the pub on the first floor didn't close until 2:00 and that's what we were hearing. I knew there was a pub but it never occurred to me it was anything other than most quiet restaurants that are located in hotels. Our second problem was not discovered until hours later when we were trying to pay the tolls in West Virginia. We had filled a container with extra quarters (about $10 worth) that was in the console. When we went to use it we found the container was empty. Our car had apparently inadvertently gotten left unlocked and someone went through the parking lot during the night and broke into unlocked cars. To top it all off I left an expensive facial cleanser and when I called a couple of days later to have them send it to me they told me nothing had been found in our room. So the cleaning staff either threw it away or got a really nice tip. I realize the last two issues were partly our fault, but still, neither of them should have happened.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the pub as possible.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Booked a king room for Easter weekend. Jacuzzi by the indoor pool is broke, has been for a while they said, no idea when it will be fixed... Can't watch TV in the room, remote control is possessed... press any button and it just keeps going.. Scrolls thru channels or the guide and won't stop. Unplugged and rebooted system. Went to front desk and got new batteries for remote.. Girl said the remotes are terrible and have all kinds of problems with Spectrum cable.. Stuck here for 2 more days... I wonder what else will go wrong?? The view from our King bed room is a wall and 2 A/C units... Breathtaking...

Room Tip: Go anywhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Todd C
Reviewed 26 March 2018

My friend and I stayed here one night. It’s very close to the Kent State performing arts center where we went to a concert. The check in was very fast and we enjoyed the cookies available in the lobby. The room had a microwave and refrigerator. The bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable. There is a coffee maker in the room too. We enjoyed a very quiet night and heard no outside noise. The included breakfast was terrific. We had freshly made waffles and there were pastries, cereals and eggs The woman working the room was friendly and quick with refreshing the items. The only negative thing is that the window blind wouldn't go down all the way so light was let in which made falling asleep difficult. When we checked out we told the front desk clerk and she said maintenance would fix it.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2018

The draw here was the hot tub and spa, close proximity to the kids and grandkids and price point.
But there seems to be a bit of a disconnect between owners and staff. VERY pleasant overall, but not up to date on what's going on.and configuration of the rooms.
First stay there was an issue as to room placement, which was somewhat attended to.
After knee replacement surgery and a long drive, access to the sauna and hot tub was quite important. Hot tub WAS very soothing; sauna was not operating.
Next visit, we were given an upgrade to a one bedroom suite which was ok, but BOTH the sauna and hot tub were out of order!!! What the heck??
I was told at that visit that owners had opted to not make the needed repairs as it was too costly and that only the pool would be available. Odd.
Also upsetting was that we'd left our phone charger behind, called up upon returning home , knew who the housekeeper was but staff insisted that it was not turned in.... hmmmm.
Now there seems to be a new GM who indicated that both the sauna and hot tub ARE being repaired soon.
Given the overall friendly, helpful front desk staff, and the breakfast attendants, coupled with the good price point and close to the kids, we will give it another try.
If we have a GOOD experience and the hot tub is working, we will likely return a few times a year at least.
If not, we will just use of points to stay at either of the top name brands nearby.

Room Tip: some rooms face the road and may be noisy. There is a pub and rooms above that can be noisy as well.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple