Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2014

A nicely decorated B&B but smell of mold and mildew throughout expecially in our room. Thick dust and cobwebs everywhere. Room was not cleaned in sometime. Bathroom was dark with litle light but mold in shower and toilet seat was broken.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Paul L
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Very nice stay at this B and B. Didn't see much of the owner as he was called away for a funeral. Breakfast was good. A full house so lots of interesting conversation.The Garden Room was a little dark and no outlets, but sufficient. Needs a little TLC, but nice. Within walking distance of downtown with a selection of shops.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in the Colonel's room for 2 nights, and I was very disappointed in the basics that were overlooked. Yes, the house is beautiful and well decorated, but first and foremost a room must be clean. Ours was not.

On arriving I was disappointed that the beautiful exterior I saw in pictures looked neglected. The walk was unswept and untrimmed. The porch was dirty, as were the windows. The house had a very musty odor, and our room, while neat and nicely decorated, was dusty and not well maintained. There was a huge cleanliness issue in that the bathroom sink faucets had soap spatters on them, and there was mold in the opening to the overflow. Even a casual cleaning would have taken care of these two items. The toilet had feces spatters in the bowl and under the seat--totally unacceptable. The bathroom was carpeted and dirty. Carpeting instead of tile? Any surface that could be washed between guests would be preferable. The window A/C unit was filthy: The vent had visible dust and dirt on the slats, and the filter was completely clogged. Dust was visible at the tops of the drapes. These last items are maintenance issues that should be addressed seasonally. The condition I saw suggests that they hadn't been cleaned in years. I've stayed in B&Bs in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Canada, and this was by far the most disappointing experience I've had.

Money spent to heat the house in August when the weather turns pleasantly cool overnight (yes, the heat was on both Saturday evening at 4pm when we checked in and back on, on Monday at 8am), might be better spent on hiring a cleaning crew.

Tom seems to be a decent person, but he probably could use a refresher on the importance of cleanliness, maintenance, and inspection.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank MelPinChicago
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely historical home , meticulously restored. This 200 year old home is beautifully decorated with antiques.
Tom the proprietor serves a delectable breakfast.
The town has a great bicycle path, that was once a train bed. One can ride for miles.
We enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning.

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I grew up about four blocks from the Russell-Cooper House and had never set foot in it until this visit. I was in town to visit my father and didn't want to impose too much on him, so I opted to stay somewhere in town. The Russell-Cooper house is a very warm and welcoming place, and it is situated in a great location. There is plenty of what I would call safe parking on the street. The downstairs is full of historical items and other memorabilia. The bedrooms that I saw all looked pretty comfortable. The one in which I stayed more than met my needs. I would definitely stay here again. The breakfast in the morning was quite tasty. My girlfriend and I were very impressed with the whole package. Interestingly, the owner went to high school with my father, which I didn't find out until we talked during check-in.

Date of stay: March 2013