“Loved it!”

Southside Diner
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

From the old diner decor to the extensive menu to the friendly service, we were happy even before the food arrived. Our meals were outstanding. We had an amazing burger, an incredible omelet and superb sweet potato fries. We didn’t really have time to wander about and look at the museum quality displays but it would have been fun to do so.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a reviewReviews (172)

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Great variety on the menu and large portions. Our waitress, DeAnn was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend eating here.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Have frequented this establishment many times and am always overwhelmed by the variety and portion sizes not to mention the affordability. Service is always top notch and I have never left here disappointed or feeling hungry. There is something on the menu for everyone and one can be entertained by all the nostalgic merchandise lining the walls. Breakfast is served all day and I highly recommend it, pancakes are plate sized!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 6 September 2018

Recommended for breakfast by our air BNB host on our way out of town. A fun place full of personality. what you would think of as typical classic American breakfast. The wait staff really friendly and constantly giving us coffee. :-) Typical flavors that you would expect from an institution of this type. One thing I would say is that in general I found food to be very heavily salted everywhere in this part of Ohio. I had the hash brown casserole, which was tasty( Though I am sure highly caloric.). I would say the toast is fairly underdone and you will need to ask for it "heav" if you want it to look brown at all. A nice change from going to a chain restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank 4elsie
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Southside Diner is the perfect spot for affordable breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Large portions, home cooking, in the old diner decor. Fast courteous service with pay at the front counter speed. Be sure to check the daily white board specials out. The menu also shows special of the day. I like the blue plate special for breakfast. They are generous on the drink refills, too.

Date of visit: August 2018