“Family and Good Food”

La Paloma
Ranked #17 of 63 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 22 March 2019

La Paloma, has great service and authentic Mexican food. I have never had a bad meal. Ron and Teresa the owns are so pleasant

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a reviewReviews (20)

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Our first visit to Mount Vernon with our soon-to-be Kenyon freshman - happy to have found this good Mexican restaurant! We were immediately seated by a friendly young woman, given chips and salsa (both very good) and several menu suggestions. She said that sopapillas we’re the most popular item, and know I see why! I always thought sopapillas were fried tortilla chips with cinnamon and sugar. These were definitely entrees: a light, flaky dough was filled with combinations of chicken, ground beef, refried beans and cheese, folded over and fried, then topped with shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes. They were surprisingly light and not greasy.
We’d definitely return to this delicious, family-owned restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 8 October 2017

La Paloma provides a tasty meal at a reasonable price. We love the sopapillas; they come in four sizes to accommodate your appetite and price-point. The food is fresh and tasty. The staff is friendly, quick and courteous.

My wife and I visited with our 6YO son. He is into Lunchables - so no cost for him. The wife and I both had regular-size sopapillas. She had water. I had Mountain Dew. Cost without tip was just over $22.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 19 April 2017

They really good food. You can get all you can eat tacos. They only have hard tacos for the all you can eat.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 6 June 2016

This is a very cozy and clean family owned restaurant in downtown Mount Vernon. The food and atmosphere are very good as is the most important element- the food. My wife simply loves the chicken enchilada here.

Date of visit: May 2016