“Great stop for a beer and a meal”

Stein Brewing Company
Ranked #5 of 63 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Description: This local brewery is making history in Mt. Vernon. Stein Brewing Company is the first brewing facility in Knox County since 1878. Our brewery and American restaurant offers 24 taps with a mix of locally brewed and best of Ohio and around the country craft beer. The restaurant is ready to peek your pallets with our tasty smoked meats menu! Looking for a place to have an event? We have the perfect space and catering menu to host your next event! Ask us about our Mug Club memberships! Join us in the taproom for great craft beers, food and fun!
Reviewed 25 October 2020 via mobile

Great stop for a beer and a meal. Both very good and atmosphere is perfect. It was mid day on Sunday so we had the brunch menu. The “bretzel” was excellent (as pictured). Enough for at least 2 maybe 3 people. Definitely worth a stop.

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank CARIBBEAN757
Write a reviewReviews (37)

Reviewed 4 October 2020

The first time I went to this restaurant, I fell in love. We went back several times. We have taken friends and family and every time it was fantastic. Then, there was this time. I had pulled pork and my husband had the meal with pulled pork, chicken, and sausage. The pulled pork was totally different. It had the consistency of canned dog food. My husband's pork and the chicken were the same. We mentioned it to the waitress and she went and checked on it with someone. She said they recently started cutting it differently. It just totally changed the taste. I ate a couple of small bites of mine mixed with the potatoes. But, I just didn't like it. I loved it before. My husband didn't have his. She offered him a box and we took his home to give it to the dog. The bacon in the green beans was also overcooked, but my potatoes were delicious. My husband loved his sausage and macaroni and cheese. We also had an appetizer and it was pretty good. I guess I'm disappointed that our bill was as high as it was when the main part of the dish was mostly uneaten. I did not take my dish home to the dog because I had put sauce on it. We were offered a replacement, but at that point, we'd been there a while and after a long day we were ready to just go home. We stopped and got some take-out on the way home since we were both a little hungry.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank Shelley L
Reviewed 3 October 2020

We stopped here for dinner and to taste their beer. We were fortunate to get a table in the bar area as the regular restaurant was booked with reservations. The beer choices were good and the flavor of the beer was tasty. The brisket was delicious! The staff was very friendly. Food was served hot and fast.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 4 September 2020 via mobile

My family stayed in town for a night and I found this hotel on TripAdvisor and within walking distance from our hotel. I ordered food thirty minutes before close . The food was beyond awesome especially the bbq brisket, beans, mac n cheese and the cheese burgers. The food was done quickly and the staff was very friendly. The restaurant has a great kids
Menu that my kids approved of . I am pretty picky about my bbq and this was one of the best I’ve had! 5 star!

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 22 August 2020 via mobile

This is one of the nicest restaurants in Mount Vernon from the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the restaurant to the delicious food. We had the fish and chips and buffalo smoked chicken. I also sampled two of the house brews which were excellent. Definitely will be back.

Date of visit: August 2020