“Still great!”

Montgomery Inn-Montgomery Rd
Reserve with OpenTable
Montgomery Inn-Montgomery Rd is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Montgomery
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cooper Road
Reviewed 9 March 2018

I haven't been at this restaurant for years. Thank heaven, nothing has changed!! I'm not eating red meat anymore so I had the pulled chicken sandwich. Wish there were more non-red-meat options but glad I had the opportunity for another great meal here. Tasty, reliable, cozy, courteous service. Nice work. folks!! And thank you, Brittany, for your attentive service.

MontgomeryInn1, Guest Relations Manager at Montgomery Inn-Montgomery Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear Ckjones55,

We would like to thank you for returning to the Montgomery Inn.

We are very proud of the quality of food we provide to each of our guests and we are glad you enjoyed your pulled chicken.

Looking forward to seeing you again at the Inn.

Best Regards,
Ryan Chait
Montgomery Inn Inc.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

I have been going here for many years and unfortunately the restaurant seems to be on the decline. Much of their food is prepared in a commissary and it tastes like it. Not bad, not great. They recently took their fresh crab cakes and the duck off the menu, their filet and New York strip are just ok. The new smoked ribs have been dry and boney 2 out of the 3 times I ordered them. Probably will not go back for dinner but will still go enjoy a drink at the bar, great bar tenders. Service is always good in the restaurant, too bad the food is not.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

The place to go for ribs and other great items in a fine dining atmosphere.
Historic place for ribs and meat. Sauce is fantastic. Pork, brisket, chicken and seafood options along with sandwiches, sides and desserts. You might not get to dessert as the portions are huge.
Bar is nice with full selection and several craft beer options.
Service was fantastic with items being addressed without disrupting your conversation or meal. Server was great. All other staff and managers were very nice and friendly.

MontgomeryInn1, Guest Relations Manager at Montgomery Inn-Montgomery Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Dear Charleslambert392,

We are glad you enjoyed your meal at the Montgomery Inn. We are very proud of the quality of food we have provided to each of our guests over the years and we are glad you felt they are fantastic.

Looking forward to seeing you again at The Montgomery Inn.

Best Regards,
Ryan Chait
Montgomery Inn Inc.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Montgomery Inn is good. The food is decent and service is pretty good. They tout (as well as several reviews tout) that they have the best ribs anywhere, period. They are not. I am not the most traveled or experienced BBQ connoisseur in the world but I can name at least four places off the top of my head that are better. I realize taste is subjective and we are all partial to the things we grew up with or are part of our local communities but anyone with an open mind would have to admit there are better ribs out there.

I had a full slab and while they were good and I ate them all I've had much, much better. There is absolutely no smoke flavor to these ribs and for BBQ I prefer a little smoke. I got my rib "wet" but the sauce was just brushed on after the fact. The ribs were not basted in sauce while on the fire so there was no carmalization and the ribs were somewhat cold. The chipotle sauce is better than their regular sauce.

The real disappointment was the mac & cheese. It was very soupy and seemed like nothing more than microwavable stouffers mac & cheese.

This place is a local favorite. The walls are lined with autographed pictures and sports jerseys from all the famous people that have eaten there. It's a fun place and the food is slightly better than average.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

This original location needs to 'hang up their bootstraps' and sell out. Several visits over the past year have yielded mediocre food but with good service. Our last visit on a Friday night on 12/01 was 'The End'....Food was terrible, cold and not worthy to feed my family pet....No sense to complain....By the time you complain about 1or 2 meals , It would take 20-30 minutes to get new food....Every one in the party is done eating and the whole experience goes to bad....Everyone in our party of 7 was disgusted with their meal. This is a Cincinnati Landmark and was a thriving business for a long time....The Original Montgomery Inn is 'Tired' and needs to close and focus on its mail order, rib and sauce business.... This location is a dungeon, very little natural light. I think the 'Boathouse' still does well on the river.

1  Thank Ted S