“Good service and food, but overpriced”

The Chalet in the Valley
Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Millersburg
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2018

The restaurant is really cute. it's in the middle of nowhere, but pretty much everything is in Amish Country. The food is good. You can get a side or 2 with your dish, depending upon what you order. The food is definitely overpriced. The pretzel sticks are amazing - delicious. It cost $80 for our family of five, and we all (except one) ordered sandwiches.To me, that is an awful lot for lunch. The service was very good.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

This place has great food, good service, nice views. I recommend this stop on your tour of Ohio and the Amish country.

1  Thank Ann W
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We were a group of 10. From the Schnitzel and brisket to the sandwiches everyone said it was delicious. Our server was very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

My husband got the all you can eat fish special on Fridays. I got a philly steak sandwich with Fondue on top for lunch. It was delicious! My husband's came with the salad bar. The Clam chowder was fantastic. Waitress was very good about keeping our water glasses full, and offering more fish to my husband. The hot german potato salad was a very nice side dish for my sandwich. I wanted to go back for dinner!!! If I was in town another day, I would have gone back. IT was that good! I'd highly recommend this place based on my experience.
Black forest cake was also very good. Cake and Cream was nice and fresh in it.

1  Thank nancyVa
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Wanted to try something other than fried chicken and salad bars. Was offered salad bar for up charge. Guggisburg cheese is across the street. They put Swiss cheese on everything. Tried the pork loin with Swiss cheese and mushrooms. It was excellent. My sister got a side of hashbrowns which also had Swiss cheese on it. Had a young waiter who was very attentive, kept our drinks full. Would definately go there again!

1  Thank Marilyn G

Been to The Chalet in the Valley? Share your experiences!