“Down home goodness right off Ohio Turnpike”

Invention Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Milan
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Nestled in the historic town of Milan, birthplace of Thomas Edison. We look forward to serving you a meal that will fill your belly and leaving you wanting to tell all your friends about us. New owners have taken over and brought life to this little gem.
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

We were heading home from Cedar Point and wanted to find a local place for lunch. Only 3 miles off the Turnpike, this place was perfect. Nothing fancy, great service and tasty food, reasonable prices. We like supporting local businesses while traveling, skip the chains and enjoy the Invention Restaurant! The Milan town square is very quaint too!

1  Thank shelandi
Pepper R, Owner at Invention Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

We are so thankful that you found us. Thank you so much for the great review. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in this direction.

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

If I lived in Milan, I'd eat there every day! The breakfast is to die for & the price is so affordable! Will be back again!

Well I think it is time for you to move to Milan so that you can come and visit us every day. Make sure you stop by and see us the next time that you are this direction. Thanks for the great review.

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in at 9;30 am. I had breakfast: western omelet. He had lunch: turkey club. Delicious. New owners serving breakfast and.lunch. Highly recommend. We will be back!

2  Thank Czaplicki

Thank you so much for the awesome review. We look forward to seeing you and your husband again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

I was traveling for business on the Ohio Turnpike and wasn't in the mood for another tollway meal, so I took a 5-minute detour to this Milan mainstay for breakfast.

Milan is the birthplace of Thomas Edison. It's a picturesque small town maybe a couple of miles south of the Ohio Turnpike on Route 250. It was an easy detour to make.

The restaurant itself sits on a corner on the public square. There is ample parking in back.

I think the restaurant actually closed sometime in the Spring of 2016 and only recently reopened under new management. While I was there a number of locals popped in to say how happy they were it was open again and to express their good wishes to the new owner.

The restaurant is pretty much a throwback to several decades ago. It was clean and bright, but nothing fancy. The menu is more or less what you'd expect from a small, local restaurant. I had a breakfast special, which was an astonishingly good deal and came with fried eggs, sausage, and pancakes. Again, nothing fancy, but the food was good and the experience was far better than fast food.

At present, they are only open for lunch and breakfast.

If you're feeling nostalgic, or just want some good plain food in a friendly setting, this is an excellent choice.

1  Thank ElaineAndGreg

Thank you so much for your amazing review. We are now currently open for breakfast lunch and dinner 5 days a week. We close at 2 on Sunday and Monday. So the next time that you are traveling this way make sure that you stop by and say hi.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

We stopped into the Invention on a recent trip. I had been there once before and it was my wife's first time. My wife ordered a breakfast for lunch and I ordered a burger. The food arrived FAST! My burger was delicious. It was literally steaming hot all the way to the last bite. My wife enjoyed her meal too. The restaurant is located on the very pretty town square. Highly recommended!

1  Thank K2V2

I'm so thankful that you had a great time while you were here. We love this little town that we live in. Make sure that you stop and see us the next time you were over this way.