All reviewsstarbucks coffeefront desknice hotelenjoyed our staywould stay here againbusiness centerstayed here for one nightnice roomup to dateexcellent stayindoor poolchecking innight's sleepstaff was friendlyparking lotcleveland airportbistro
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Stayed over for 2 nights -before and after our vacation. Flew out of Cleveland. Shuttle took us to the airport at 4am - parked our car for the week for $20. Rooms are very clean. Lobby bar is nice to unwind with a glass of wine at night.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 31 December 2017

Basic rooms, very clean, well maintained, beds better than "at home", VERY QUIET room a/c/heat, perfect WIFI, varied breakfast menu selections quickly prepared, parking lot convenient entrances well maintained, indoor pool great in cold weather, airport shuttles well maintained, but the main "Exceptional" reference is for the STAFF! Professional, courteous, friendly, personal, 5 STAR HOTEL treatment. Well worth a change in your plans. "Hats off" to Sonja, Kenyatta, Nicole and Ms.Jackie. I look forward to my next visit!!

Room Tip: I always stay on the top floor. Hotel bathrooms are small for families of 3/4. Showers are excellent.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard K
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

We now stay here the night before every time we fly out of Cleveland Airport. We keep our car here for up to 2 weeks for a very low fee and know that it is safe. The staff is very attentive, the rooms and bed is very comfortable and clean. We take the shuttle over to the airport and they pick us back up with an easy call to their front desk. They have even called a taxi, paid for it including tip, when we needed a ride at 4:00am for a 6:15am flight, and their shuttle driver was t in yet. Excellent service !! We even stay when a short trip.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PattyC54
Reviewed 28 November 2017

This hotel has been updated recently. The rooms are large and comfortable with a refrigerator and flat screen TV. Unfortunately, there is no microwave. Our room had a couch and coffee table. The king size bed was great for a good night's sleep.
We found almost all of the staff to be very unfriendly and looked bothered if you approached them for anything at all. The shining star was the evening desk clerk who was very pleasant and helpful. When we checked in the desk clerk gave us a grunt instead of a welcome - the standard greeting for most of the staff. I did not receive my gold benefits until I specifically asked for them. We had problems with our door randomly sticking. The dead bolt did not always insert completely into the door and you had to use a hard shoulder to get it open. My wife couldn't budge it. We talked to the "engineer" and he did fix it that evening so everything worked when we returned to the hotel. The excercise room has only one eliptical and two treadmills so there can be a wait unless you get there at the right time. The TV is located 90 degrees to the direction of the treadmills and eliptical equipment so you get a stiff neck trying to watch it. A strong smell of burnt grease ran through the lobby and up to the fifth floor which was pretty unpleasant.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Natalie R, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear JoeBoxter,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard Cleveland Airport South.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for issues you encountered with your room and with our staff. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Middleburg Heights.

Jill Bireline
Courtyard and TownePlace Cleveland Airportsouth
jill.bireline@cymairportsouth.com
440-243-8785

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I have stayed with this hotel twice now while visiting friends in the Cleveland area. The location is fantastic. It's close to the city without being IN Cleveland. It is only a couple minutes to Strongsville- a town that is full of restaurants and shops. The area is quiet and safe.

I also really enjoy the desk staff. They are always very friendly, and on the rare occasion there is an issue- they handle it quickly. The first night of my stay this trip a party broke out at about 11pm above my room. I called the desk staff and within 5 minutes it was silent. THANK YOU for the quick and effective service!

The rooms are clean and well-updated. The styling is more fun than your average courtyard property.

My only real complaint is the onsite Bistro. You pay a LOT for a sandwich that they literally microwave right in front of you. ($22 for a French dip and a burger- both microwaved, and 2 bags of chips.) The woman working the Bistro seemed distracted but nice enough. She forgot to give me the Aju for the French dip.. then when I asked for it, they didn't have the right container and asked if they could put it in a coffee cup. That seemed fine- but it didn't mix well at all there... so it was more like beef broth. There was a powder sludge at the bottom of the cup (Which I imagine is where all the flavor is- whoops). You're definitely paying more for the convenience of not having to leave the hotel much more than you're paying for quality food.

Room Tip: Communicate with the staff- if you're a light sleeper- let them know. They're very accommodating.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends