“Great chicken parm”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

And I don’t like chicken Parmesan...so that should tell ya something. Great place.

Portion size perfect. Unless your a 450 lb hog that wants to devour 5 lbs of food.....

The owners late husband served in the USMC. Great American family running a truly Italian American business!

Some of these terrible reviews I laugh at. Don’t order chicken parm to go. Go in sit down and eat it fresh out of the kitchen. People that get to go orders shouldnt be able
To review food. Who knows how long it sat in the take out container.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Food excellent, but no food quality can trump deplorable service. Can't even chalk it up to a bad day.
Had party of 6 at 4pm. Not having a reservation was met with a scoff by the owner.

Place was nearly empty, but we had to ASK for menus twice (was ignored first time) after sitting for 30 minutes, during which 2 other parties arriving after us were promptly served.

I had to flag down our waitress for appetizers by nearly jumping out at her, otherwise we would still be waiting.

Service like this on a 2 person date night would just be comedy, but doing this to a party with 2 young kids was somewhat shocking.

The wait for the check took another 30 minutes. After being there for nearly 2 hrs, the kids were a little restless, but not misbehaving.
The owner actually said to my wife that the kids shouldn't be running around, which they weren't.

One request/tip: Please make your waitstaff more mindful to the concept of TIME, instead of criticizing the parents that just dropped $100 at your establishment.

Time to pay the bill. Voiced my concerns about service. Met with excuses as to how busy they were "in the back section," a section of which our waitress did not serve the entire time we were seated.

I usually meet most longwinded negative reviews with skepticism, but this one actually happened.

Date of visit: May 2018
2  Thank E1244HDj
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We love Davitinos delicious meals and they have never disappointed us! Though the restaurant itself is need of updates (mauve colored walls with brass lighting fixtures) the food is wonderful! We usually order the veal parmigiana. It comes thin and breaded crispy with mozzarella cheese drizzled over the top. Sides of spaghetti or ravioli (your choice) and a crisp green salad accompany this dish. They start with a warm home made bread served with butter that is absolutely scrumptious! The meal is one we can split between us or, take Home for leftovers. Their spaghetti, lasagna and Cubanelle peppers are also to die for. In the winter when it is freezing, this restaurant is nice and warm and so cozy! We love Davitinos and love supporting the local mom and pop establishments. Try this one for a relaxed, non pretentious place with awesome food!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank jilbotara
Reviewed 8 October 2017

The meal was excellent. We all chose different entrees and no one had a single complaint on the quality or quantity of the portions

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank carole z
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

One in our party asked for a special combination. His meal looked the best of what was ordered and he said it was very tasty. I have 4 stars instead of 3 just because of that accommodation. It was very good of them to cook something off the menu.

Hadn't been to this restaurant for several years and was disappointed that my meal was not as good as i remembered. The portions were rather small for the price compared to other Italian restaurants we go to. The flavor was rather bland also except for the special request. Not bad, but seemed to be lacking the zing it had the last time I had eaten here.

The Parmesan was pounded way to thin so was more breading than meat. It was also to crunchy because it was so thin. If I do go back I will ask for a combination similar to what my friend ordered. He was very pleased.

If you need an accommodation when eating out then I'd say you would be happy here as they were so good about it. The staff was very helpful too.

Date of visit: September 2017