“Quality dining in a casual atmosphere”
Review of Lake Hope Lodge

Lake Hope Lodge
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in McArthur
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Casual Dining at it's finest. Relax while you take in the beautiful views of Lake Hope as you sip on a glass of wine or enjoy a craft brew. Everything is made from scratch utilizing as many locally sourced products as we can get our hands on. Enjoy the full flavor of our all-hickory smoked real pit BBQ, wood fried pizza, hand cut steaks and burgers made of only the freshest beef ground in-house daily! Come out for our famous Sunday Brunch. Every Sunday from 10 am - 2 pm you can enjoy a little bit of all that's good here at Lake Hope. Everything from scrambled eggs, buttermilk biscuits and Lodge sausage gravy to three cheese au gratin potatoes, smoked brisket, pulled pork and so much more! You don't know what you're missing until you try it.
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Lake Hope Lodge was a very pleasant surprise to us. Everything about it will make us go back again.

The restaurant offers a full menu of steaks, burgers, ribs, salads, pizza, appetizers, and a wide selection of beer and wines. My standard burger and fries was perfect. The fries tasted like they were hand cut, and fresh out of the fryer. The burger was done exactly Medium well as ordered. Our spinach artichoke dip was SO delicious. My husband had a turkey, bacon, swiss sandwich with a side of chili. The bowl of chili was slightly spicy, covered in cheddar cheese, and a very generous portion. A cup of chili would have been an ample serving as a side dish.

Our service was a young gentleman very polite and attentive. He definitely deserved the 25% tip we left for him.

The view of Lake Hope was beautiful. I hope that it's warm enough to dine outside during our next visit.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

After a six mile hike in the surrounding Ohio Trail and a visit to the Hope Furnace to see the iron making of 150 years ago, we came to this recent vintage state lodge for Saturday lunch. It is a splendid lodge with numerous surrounding cabins in the woods. This time of year it is open Thursdays through Sunday. In addition to the main dining room there is another for meetings and dinners. We had ten people in our group and received really good service. All our guests had different things and everyone was pleased. It's only an hour and a half from Columbus over good roads.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

When I husband and I spent some time in Hocking Hills in March 2018, we chose to drive to the lake hope dining lodge for dinner on the second night. My husband ordered. My husband ordered a Reuben; we discovered that they smoke their own pastrami! The sandwich was massive and delicious. I ordered smoked chicken wings and they too were exceptional.
Everything was so good, we returned the next evening for a second dinner. The view from the dining room is gorgeous and the surrounding area is lovely for sightseeing. This was the off-season, so not busy and not many people. I would hazard to guess that in the summer this place is really hopping.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

All the food here is amazing! Trust me, you want to get the brisket! Also try the fire brick pizza! You won’t be disappointed in either one!

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Lake Hope Lodge for the first time on a rainy Thursday for a late lunch. We weren’t surprised to find the restaurant half lit and virtually empty, given the flooded roads on the way to the park. However, a staff member emerged from the kitchen and said they would be happy to serve us if we were a bit patient while they got things up and running. We were glad we waited. Despite the gloomy sky, the view from our table was still beautiful and helped pass the time as we sat alone in the dining room. I’m not sure this is a 5 star restaurant, comparatively speaking, but we were pleasantly surprised with the excellent sandwiches (I had smoked turkey and my wife had chicken) and the we really enjoyed the fruit cobbler desert. With the beautiful setting, super friendly wait staff and a satisfying lunch, we quickly put Lake Hope Lodge on our “come back to” list.

Been to Lake Hope Lodge? Share your experiences!