“A must if you are ever in the area”

Emanuel's Bakery & Diner
Ranked #4 of 84 Restaurants in Marietta
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Description: Emanuel's bakey & diner provides street food from around the world, as well as a full time bakery. we serve over 25 different meals from all over the world, so we have a meal for everyone. a huge line of desserts, pastries, bread, cookies, drinks & more. All is made by us, from scretch. No cans, no artificials! fresh every day! we got great music, great companion and great fun! together. eat. sit. drink. enjoy! Emanuel's
Reviewed 5 May 2018

The first place we went the restaurant was noisy and overpriced. Not to mention it was too busy. We went walking and found this in the historic district and decided to try. My wife and I were both surprised by how good and how affordable it was to us. The staff treated us so nice and were very friendly. They feature food from different regions of the world. I had the shashuka which is a popular mid-eastern egg dish. It was perfect! Served like they do in the Mid East in the pan and had a great kick to it. My wife had a chicken dish called Shiklit (think that is how it is spelled) and she was more then satisfied. A great gem to go out of your way to visit if you are ever in the area. And extremely well priced.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our meals (kebab and Mr generous .. combination schnitzel with the Argentinian fries). The staff were very friendly and attentive. For dessert we had the nemesis chocolate cake (yummy). Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I have eaten here twice with a different focus each time. The first was the American fare which were quite good, particularly as everything is being made from scratch. So it was with a hope of excellence that I returned for the Mediterranean fare.
My partner and I chose to take the 3 dish offer for $22 (which quickly became $23 when we included meat in our dishes) as we felt that this would give us a good guide for future dining.
There was sufficient food between three dishes for both of us to satisfy our hunger. The tabouli was of high quality though the tomato was in very large chunks and served on the side rather than part. The empanadas were fresh and flavorsome though the mushroom were a little dry where the meat was a little under stuffed in comparison. Loved the sweet chili dipping sauce that accompanied it.
The Sambusak meat was excellent and very tasty with the crusty exterior being firm but breaking away well to become an integral part of the dish. The lemonade was home made and the taste reflected it.
The desserts, which I had expected to be the ultimate since it is indeed a bakery, was a little less than I expected. The Chocolate empanadas - dark and white choc filling - was very light in the chocolate filling, particularly the white choc which had not even melted from the small ball ingredient. The French Crepe that was essentially a single crepe folded into four and topped with a choc/berry drizzle and a splotch of cream. Knowing the cost of creating a crepe, we just felt that a single crepe limited the experience a little.
The server was very good and attentive and the overall bill was $43 before tip. I believe the potential is there but, in a college town, it could suffer from trying to be too much to too many.

David L, Manager at Emanuel's Bakery & Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you for your response. First I’d apologize if your chocolate empanadas wasn’t filled all the way. We make them by hand and perhaps yours was missing some of the filling. Feel free to come over and I’ll compensate you with free two desserts.
From your review I see you has a good time and enjoy the food. The cost of 43 dollars for 3 dishes, two desserts and a drink, sounds relatively cheap to us considering we actually make the food from scratch.
About the tabouli - to keep it crunchy we leave the tomato on top otherwise within 5 minutes it goes soft and mushy, which is a mistake for many places.
The crepe is made from scratch every time. 16 inch round that is folded to fours. The chocolate is between the layer. It’s the classic presentation way in France.
We see Marietta not as a college town. The college here is tiny. Under 1000 students. We see Marietta as the first settlement. As a beautiful river town with many locals and tourists and we aim high to satisfy all pallets. I understand it’s hard to believe a restaurant can master it all, but I think we are giving a heck of a fight to prove it! Locally owned. Owners operated. Owners cook and serve. We can’t afford 10000 dollars rent a month in a big city and our dreams isn’t to be millionaires but to bring the best of the world - to a place who just doesn’t have it.
We hope you, and others, will keep supporting us. As was done for the last 3 years putting us at the top of the restaurants around.
Thanks.
Emanuels. Enjoy your life !

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We went on a weeknight and were astonished that we were the only people there at dinnertime when the food was better than anything else we've had in Marietta. Perfect for dates or families who like to share, we especially liked the empanadas and are excited to go again to try more of the menu.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled upon this hidden gem of a bakery/diner for breakfast. The decor is industrial-style with a SUPERB menu and alcohol selection. Fresh ingredients, Mediterranean and other ethnic cuisines with a suite of vegan, vegetarian and meat options. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, you can’t go wrong!!