5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
Agoda.comUS$236
Hotels.comUS$236
FindHotelUS$236
eDreamsUS$236
All reviews copper mug miller suite beautiful castle ghost tour landoll suite chicken alfredo private deck event center ghost walk on site restaurant gas fireplace real castle blueberry jam hiking trails the cottages amish country gale
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 January 2021 via mobile

A beautiful place with lots of character. However, for the price it would be nice for there to be some attention to detail. For over $300 per night, I wish I’d known I need to request a massage 48 to 72 hours ahead of time! I had to walk to the lobby in the morning to get a packet of coffee for the coffee maker. The television is not HD. Just little stuff, but it’s kind of a castle so people will still pay the big bucks.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Landoll's Mohican Castle, Other at Landoll's Mohican Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Due to COVID we have had to remove some standard items from our rooms such as the coffee.

Reviewed 22 January 2021

My husband booked the Thane Cottage for a night to get away for my birthday.

We got there around 5:30pm and were greeted by a very lovely front desk staff member. We were given our keys, a map of the property and told where we could park to be close to the cottage.

We had made reservations at the restaurant which happened to be a few steps away from the cottage. Food was good - nothing special but ok. Service was very good. Our waitress did a great job and brought out a birthday dessert on the house.

The cottage was clean. Quite dated but the area where the bed was looked more modern. The shower was small and barely fit one person. We didn't try the jetted tub in the bathroom. There were clean towels and minimal toiletries.

The kitchen. Had two mismatched wine/champagne glasses. Very small table.

Room had a gas fireplace with a remote that warmed up the cottage very quickly and a record player but a selection of records to play. Nice touch.

We used the hot tub out on the deck which was clean and a nice treat. The deck itself was full of debris but had a light coating of snow so it was possible no one swept before then.

The bed itself was just ok and not very comfortable but good enough.

We left at 3am. Why?

Well, I was woken up at midnight but loud thumping just outside our door. it is a detached cottage with nothing around. It occured about 3-4 times and I tried to ignore. Close to 3am, the fireplace turned on by itself. We were both in bed and the remote was in its place across the room.

I actually didn't know about the ghost stories said about this place until a couple of days before and my husband didn't know when he booked. He doesn't really believe in those things. The fireplace even spooked him! We promptly grabbed our things because I wasn't going to sleep after that and tried to call someone to ask where to leave the keys but our room phone was all static. Someone picked up (owner?) and told us to leave the key in the room.

As we were walking out, we noticed that it was pitch black as they had shut off all the walking path lights. The only lights were the ones we turned on the porch. Those started turning off and on for several seconds when we stepped out the door. My husband thought it was due to a motion sensor but that would mean they would stay on with movement. The problem magically resolved itself after we walked off the steps into the walking path and they remained lit without flickering.

In summary, the cottage was clean although very basic. It has the potential to be very romantic. Even so, I wouldn't seek out to stay here again as you can get more for the same price elsewhere. If you're spooked easily, don't stay here.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and let us know about the strange happenings. I have worked at Landoll's for over 15 years and have not heard any stories about strange happenings in the Thane cottage. It was built at the same time as the Castle and opened as a private cottage in 2008. I will have our maintenance team looking into the fireplace and lighting situations.

Reviewed 30 December 2020

We were there last night with two other family friends. Why should you pay about 200 bucks to stay there ? Jacuzzi in the room : it stopped working after one hour. Swimming pool : the water was cold and no one answered in the reception to help us within morning hours. Sauna was off. You go there to see the tower and scenery around it: the tower was closed!
Most importantly, it is during pandemic So you would need to go somewhere to relax where you do not get sick afterwards: bed covers were all dirty and covered with trash and stains. I doubt they were changed at all.There was a dirty tissue in the toilet drawers. No one had checked it after the previous guest had checked out. I will keep an eye to make sure we will get COVID-19 If any thing happens to my family and friends I will sue this highly priced and low quality hotel!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 383marjang
Reviewed 27 December 2020

Our family rented 5 rooms and celebrated Christmas with 10 adults and 12 kids. What a magical experience!! It was like staying in a real castle...complete with towers and vaulted ceilings, lighted pathways and ornate fixtures. Kids and adults alike were caught up in the unique setting! We loved it and have not stopped telling others of our experience since our return home. If you want a Hilton experience, go to the Hilton. If you want a castle experience...go to Londoll's Mohican Castle!!

Date of stay: December 2020
Landoll's Mohican Castle, Other at Landoll's Mohican Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are happy you had such a wonderful time at Landoll's Mohican Castle! Hope to see you and your family again soon!

Reviewed 14 December 2020

Stayed early December. Was a awesome get-a-way. Room was pretty clean, not perfect but clean. Saw a few things that could be fixed but nothing major. When the lights and music are on, the place look magical. They had the bar closed and served drinks and meals in the ballroom. Wasn't the best atmosphere but given Covid it works and makes for good social distancing. No housekeeping as we stayed 2 nights but don't think any hotels are doing housekeeping. Would stay again.

Room tip: Ross Suite was nice. If keeping fireplace on in winter, crack windows or put on A/C as fireplace is hot.
Date of stay: December 2020
Landoll's Mohican Castle, Other at Landoll's Mohican Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us!