“Our Perfect Weekend Retreat"”

Review of Laurel Run Lodge

Excellent
Seasonal Decor
Capture Families Most Memorable Moments
Sunroom with fireplace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Ann G
Nelsonville, Ohio
“Our Perfect Weekend Retreat"”
Reviewed 9 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

My family and I had the opportunity to stay at this lodge for a weekend. What an extraordinary place! I found myself trying to spend time in every area of the house, which was no easy task for such a short stay. The main living area is simply breathtaking. Since we stayed in January we were able to enjoy the great fireplace one evening while sipping tea. The kids spent most of their time in the game room, the ping pong table in particular. I thought I would be indifferent about the theater room, but when I actually sat down in there to watch a movie with my son, it was amazing! I swore I wasn't going to do much cooking, but spending time in such a beautiful kitchen was a treat. I have to say, though, that my favorite spot was the little nook off the kitchen. I thoroughly enjoyed sitting there in the morning with a cup of coffee, the fire place in the nook going, and looking out the window as the snow was falling. It was perfect. My kids are all different ages, with different interests, but there was something for each one of them. A truly wonderful weekend! Thank you!

Liked best: Everything.
Liked least: That it wasn't summer, so we couldn't hang out outside.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Felicia B
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent luxury lodging in the Hocking Hills”
Reviewed 8 February 2015 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

My boyfriend and I spent the weekend at The Lodge at Laurel Run Farm and had an amazing time. The property is absolutely beautiful, and the lodge is HUGE! There were only two of us, so there was more than enough room. We stayed in January and expected our options for activities to be limited, but were pleasantly surprised to discover that there was so much to do inside and out. We played ping pong and air hockey, watched movies in the theater room, hung out in the hot tub, hiked on the trails, relaxed in front of the fireplace (3 of them actually), and cooked meals in the impressive kitchen.

It's worth noting that we forgot to bring coffee and paper towels, but they were provided (along with spices, foil, pots & pants, and more), which saved us a trip to Walmart.

We had such a great time and can't wait to come back!

Liked best: Relaxing atmosphere
Liked least: Everything was perfect!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Abby S
Logan, Ohio
“Luxury lodging at its best!”
Reviewed 29 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed with a group of friends to watch the Buckeyes in the National Championship game. We could not have picked a better spot for a big game day celebration! The theater room was amazing and fit our large group comfortably. We took our two children, as did other families, and because of the sound insulation in the theater room, we could be as loud as we wanted without waking them up!

The kitchen was large and open - the appliances were great for making a big meal for our friends to enjoy.

Every room in the lodge was perfectly clean and ready for us upon arrival. The beds in the rooms were comfy! There was literally nothing about this lodge and its management team that could be improved!!! We could not have asked for a better getaway.

Travelling group: Large Group
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
TheTravel...
Mansfield, Ohio
“My High Expectations were Exceeded!”
Reviewed 15 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

After viewing the photos on the website and reading the descriptions of this luxury Hocking Hills cabin, I had high expectations. I was not disappointed. The Lodge at Laurel Run is an incredible property.

My husband and I stayed two of the coldest nights in January, yet the property was warm and toasty. With a wood-burning fireplace in the main living area and gas fireplaces in several of the bedrooms, including the master, I didn't find it chilly at all.

The fully equipped, gorgeous kitchen is better stocked than my kitchen at home and I didn't have any problem preparing our meals, while my husband relaxed in the theater room.

While my husband and I planned for a romantic getaway, once I saw all that the cabin offered, I did regret that we didn't take our teenagers and young adult children with us. I know they would have enjoyed playing pool, foosball, ping pong or relaxing in the hot tub outdoors. And with seven bedrooms, there was certainly room for them.

My husband and I hope to stay again over the summer to enjoy the outdoor pool, grill and hiking trails on the property.

A few things to keep in mind:

The drive is steep and you will need four-wheel drive during the winter.

The lodge is stocked with spices, cooking oils, dish washing liquid, toilet papers, trash bags, shampoo, conditioner and body wash (which smells amazing) etc. so you don't need to worry about packing your own. It's really set up so all you need to do is show up with your clothes.

I lost cell service about 15 minutes before we arrived at the cabin, but found limited service inside Laurel Run (I have Verizon). The cabin does offer free long-distance and wi-fi.

You won't find a store nearby, so if you plan to cook pack accordingly or make arrangements with the property management to have your refrigerator stocked before you arrive.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I loved the secluded location.
Liked least: As much as Ioved the secluded location, it was difficult to get used to the quiet at night.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
schwinslo...
Columbus, Ohio
“Absolutely fantastic”
Reviewed 8 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

The Lodge is perfect for a gathering! We rented it for 3 nights over New Years. The kitchen is above and beyond what you would hope for. Stocked with every tool you would need! We had a huge turkey on NYE and cooked a large roast on New Year's day with no issues or need to run out for anything!

Every bedroom is perfect. This is no "cabin" rental. It's a luxurious, beautiful home that is well tended to and beyond comfortable!

Big bonus points for the theater and game rooms. We loved them! Definitely hoping to rent this lodge again!

Travelling group: Friends
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing