All reviews frontier cabin new mattresses dvd player hot tub mice
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Cabin is in need of complete update, especially, the furniture, very poor condition. Not well kept, decent locatiion, road to cabin needs leveling and gravel. I suggest you look elsewhere as there are over 200 different lodging sites in the area.

JD

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Judy0715
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed at white oak, says it has a.c. but really just had a window a.c. from 15 years ago. 2 floors, cant get to the lower level unless you go outside and enter that way. Place sleeps 8 but has a 2 person hot tub. Grill was broken and gross. Didn't have a handle to lift grill so we used tongs cable was out all 4 days we were there we told them but I don't think they could get it fixed. Down stairs has no a.c. and in the summer time it's pretty hot down there. 85 at 10pm inside. The other cabins looked nice, should've picked one of those but probably would go with another cabin group next time.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Patrick S
Reviewed 8 July 2016

We stayed at Buck Run which is a nicely decorated 3 bedroom modular. I arrived before my friends & glad I got there during the daylight hours. The driveway is very steep, graveled & somewhat eroded. I think this is pretty typical for the area but it's nice for people know ahead of time. There are 4 units in the group & I had to get out of my car to read the signs closely to be sure I had the correct one. The place was pretty well stocked but if you plan on cooking, I'd suggest bringing your favorite knife, skillet & a cutting board. The beds & bedding were clean & looked new. However, the bunk beds really needed a sheet of plywood under the nice, new mattresses which sagged between the slats...oops...oversight? Being an "up north" gal, I can deal with bugs & an occasional mouse, but would recommend the owners do a clean sweep before scheduled guests arrived. I found a couple of dead mice in traps under the sink & ran all the dishes & flatware through the dishwasher & cleaned the drawers of droppings before using them. Lastly, for people not used to well water (of the sulfur kind) , you may want to bring jugs of bottled water. We were there to hike & enjoy the hot tub & fire pit so didn't turn on any of the TVs. Overall, this was a great place to stay; just needed minor attention.

Room tip: This is NOT a hotel
Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank KarenN1020
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I just stayed two nights in the Frontier Cabin at Acorn Acres.

Reserving the cabin was quick and easy, and the owner was very friendly and answered all our questions promptly.

The cabin sits up a gravel lane in a quiet wooded setting.

The cabin was very clean and cozy, and has everything you need for a comfortable stay, including dishes, pots and pans and a full stove and refrigerator.

Cable and Internet keep you connected if you want, but we enjoyed sitting in the rocking chairs and enjoying the birds and squirrels.

A long soak in the hot tub on the back deck was exactly what we needed after a day of exploring. The hot tub has a wonderful view of full woods, giving you the feeling of being in a tree house. A firepit and charcoal grill are also provided.

My husband and I enjoyed our stay very much, and look forward to returning with our kids and grandkids for a longer stay (in one of the larger cabins Acorn Acres offers!)

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2016

the frontier cabin was the perfect getaway for my 4 legged best friend and I. We stayed during a snow storm and it was amazing. The cabin is cozy and very comfortable. Loved the den alcove. The loft bedroom was very nice even though we opted to camp out on the big rug in front of the fireplace. I don't think the pictures do this place justice. It's so comfortable inside. We will be going back and enjoying it in the spring. It also had cell service and cable...didn't miss the CBJ game.

Room tip: Great for single, couple....and their fur baby.
Date of stay: January 2016