Holiday Inn Express Logan(Logan)(Great Value!)
US$198
Travelocity
  • Pool
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdollar gameenjoyed the hot tubcomfortable bedcluescabin
Reviewed 2 June 2013

All throughout my childhood I have stayed at cabins in the Hocking Hills, and it is without a doubt that the Sunrise Log Cabins are superior in their cleanliness and amenities - my friends and I were thrilled to go on the dollar bill hunt! My sadness and disappointment stems from the way we were treated by the owner, Bruce, and why we decided to check out early because of it. My friends and I are seniors in college and decided a weekend trip after finals would be the perfect way to relax. However, I strongly believe that we were discriminated because of our age and not respected at all because we are young. After our Friday night stay at the cabin, our friends from Ohio University came over for an early breakfast to enjoy the scenery and serenity of the property. After we had cleaned up and were getting ready to head to Old Man's Cave, the owner came at 11 - which we were aware of, they check the hot tubs every day from 11-1 - and immediately began accusing me, whose name the cabin was under, of allowing more than the allocated number of people to stay in the cabin (which was four - we had two buddies from OU that morning to join us on our hike that day and we were on the porch, one person inside). I felt like I was being lectured and yelled at by a parent. Apparently there was also a component of our contract that forbade visitors. It was breakfast. It's really not that serious, for one. For two, I booked this cabin in early April. I don't remember every single component of it, and don't appreciate being threatened with it,e ither.

When he went to check the hot tub, he pulled me out back and berated me for the low water level, insisting that I had too many people over. One of my girl friends is very large, and (I shouldn't even have to be explaining this), we had her, myself, my friend (who is a 22 year old man) and another gal in the tub. We were getting in and out, not paying attention to the splashing because we were just enjoying ourselves and cooking out. Apparently there was a hose we could have refilled the hot tub with, but I wasn't aware of this and was just enjoying my time there. After I was accused and yelled at, I went inside to find my friend behind the door listening to the conversation. She felt very embarrassed, as did I. After Bruce assured us that he would be "returning that night" at an undisclosed time to "check on us", and my friend was so upset about the hot tub, we decided to turn around from our hike, clean out the entire cabin, and turn in our key early. We lost about $250 by doing this, but it didn't matter. No one deserves to be treated like that, with such suspicion and rudeness. We're not high school drop outs, we are a few months away from obtaining degrees and heading off to obtain J.Ds and Ph.Ds. We left the cabin spotless, as we would have anyway, because I don't want young people to be stereotyped in a negative way. However, the prejudice was already there and I know I will never be staying with them again, despite the quality of their cabin and the area in which it is located.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank DCranberry
Bruce W, Owner at Sunrise Log Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

First let me say that I am sorry that your stay didn't turn out the way you hoped. Yes , the cabin was left very clean and we thank you. Let me say , we at Sunrise Log Cabins have many young people stay at our Cabins. Some are College Students and some didn't graduate High School at all. It is our goal to be courteous and treat each customer with respect, regardless of their educational level or age. I apologize if you felt that this was not the case. I can say that most read and understand our Polices and follow them. The Occupancy policy is based on the size of the cabin for the comfort of our customers. The No visitors Policy is well posted in our contract that each customer accepts at the time they book. I notice that you indicate one of the visitors a 22 yr old male used the Hot tub as well. The Lincoln Log Cabin you booked was for 4 ladies, when I arrived to check the hot tub I saw 6 people on the porch. As in this case I went over the policy with the Renter and told her that the visitors were not allowed and that they would have to leave. I also went over the hot tub rules and ask that the office be called when they have a problem.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

The cabin was so clean and exactly what you would expect a cabin to be. We stayed in the Lincoln log cabin and it had all the kitchen utensils we needed. Plenty of towels and even a washer and dryer. Beautiful location and it was so peaceful. Hot tub was super clean and the fireplace easy to work. Had a fire pit, propane grill, plenty of scenery and the host were friendly and accommodating. Can't wait til I can make it back. This is my new destination! As often as possible!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Baptistgirl
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here the first weekend of Feb 2013. It was our 35th wedding anniversary. The accomendations were more than expected. The cabin was secluded and surrounded by wildlife and perfect scenery. The cabin was extremely clean, cozy, quaint,well furnished and inviting. We thoroughly enjoyed the hot tub. Far enough away from city life, but close enough if needed. I can't say enough things about this place. I could have stayed on forever............ We had a fresh snow fall which added to the romance of the weekend. I highly recommend this and will return again. Best place we ever stayed at. Love, love, loved it.

Skip and Karen B

Room Tip: The Lincoln was the most secluded.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen B
Bruce W, Owner at Sunrise Log Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

First I want to thank you for choosing Sunrise Log Cabins. I am happy that you found everything you were looking for. We work hard at making sure our Cabins are clean including our Hot Tubs. We want each of our guests to be comfortable and be relaxed while staying with us.We make sure when comes to the furnishings that they are up to date and the kitchens have everything you need. Of course the snow was an added bonus. Glad you enjoyed it.
Bruce

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Hubby and I along with some close friends always go on an annual Fall trip. We have been to a variety of locations over the years , and this by far was one of the nicest "cabins" we have been to. It was extremely clean and everything that you needed for a weekend trip was provided. Great fire ring in the back yard. You can bring your own fire wood. There was a fun dollar game where clues were left by former guests, and you have to search the house for the dollar bills. Then after finding them, you write your own clues for future guests. Fun...give it a try!

We hiked Ash Cave and Old man's cave which were in close proximity. Both are must -see's. Although we enjoyed Ash a bit more.

You can't go wrong with staying here if you are looking for a quiet getaway and some good hiking. Enjoy!

Cheers.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Breber17

Hello Breber17
Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a great stay with us and enjoyed hiking the Hocking Hills. We work very hard to make sure our Cabins are very clean and things are at our guests finger tips. Oh yes, the dollar game can keep you awake at night just thinking about the one you couldn't find. I also have an update. We have firewood at the office for sale now, just let us know next time you stay with us.
Bruce

Reviewed 22 September 2012

My husband and I spent 4 relaxing days at Sunrise Log Cabins in early September, in the 2 person Country Cottage. What a beautiful and comfortable place! Immaculately clean, peaceful, quiet, private. The bed was comfortable, the jacuzzi and all appliances worked great. Loved the leather sofa and rocking chair in the living room. Every convenience was provided: utensils, dishes, glasses, TV, DVD,CD player. It is spacious inside with the sleeping area divided from the living/kitchen area by a half wall. The bathroom was perfect for 2 and spotless. We so enjoyed soaking in the jacuzzi on the covered deck at night! The deck of this cabin was open in the back so we could stargaze while we soaked. We spent a lot of time sightseeing but we also spent a lot of time in the cabin because it was so nice. The property is well maintained, safe and secure. Conveniently located about 2 miles from Old Man's Cave entrance and approx 5 miles from City of Logan. Can't wait to go again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple