“Not That Desperate For Chinese”
Review of Panda House

Panda House
Ranked #10 of 49 Restaurants in Lewis Center
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 17 July 2015

If I could give no stars I would give zero stars. The egg drop soup was too thick and greasy. They charged me EXTRA for fried noodles to go with my egg drop soup. When have you ever ordered egg drop soup and it did not come with fried noodles? I disputed the charge for the extra noodles (since I only received 1 package and not any extra) and the restaurant refused to give me a refund. I ordered spring rolls and what I received was large and heavy and tough and much more like eggrolls then spring rolls. I ordered the orange chicken which was supposed to have Mandarin oranges but it did not. And it was supposed to be spicy but it was not. It just had a plain sweet flavor. The fried rice was the worst that I have ever had it had zero vegetables it was simply greasy rice and not fresh. Finally, I ordered the chicken moo shu, which was supposed to come with pancakes, and it did not. I did not receive the pancakes that were supposed to come with that item. I requested a partial refund for that item but was refused. Bad food, bad customer service.

2  Thank mommyto9

Reviewed 22 April 2015

We get carry out from here sometimes and lunch and it is really good and nicely priced. Their staff is friendly and their general Tso's is really good!

1  Thank spike9090
Reviewed 31 December 2014

I eat a lot of Chinese and so was pleased to find one that delivers to my neighborhood. Prices are competitive, menu typical. Have never seen the restaurant or customers, but ratings were acceptable. Ordered on line and delivery was prompt. I had the Mu shu pork, as I often do, wife had chicken and broccoli as she often does. Plus a hot & sour soup...which also brought the total over $20 as needed for delivery. All dishes were, as I say, average and undifferentiated but ok. The only criticism I have, and it's a big one, is with the "pancakes" that accompany the Mu shu--they are thick and doughy. Most are very thin and made from rice, I believe. These were thick and doughy. I DO NOT recommend you order them.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Trying a different Chinese Food restuarant can be a little scary because no two Chicken and Broccoli dishes or Fried Rice entrees taste the same. This is delicious! My favorite is the Chicken and Broccoi with steamed rice or Sweet and Sour Chicken. The food is always ready when I get there and the portions are generous. I get three meals out of one entree. The Fried rice is less salty and greasy than other places, so I really like that. I'm a very picky eater and am very happy to have found this little gem off Polaris Pky. that I get carry out from two times a week at the least.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I've been eating here for 13 years and have found this to be the best kept secret of Columbus. I travel across the country for work and have eaten in every state, yet this place still never ceases to amaze. The owners are Chinese immigrants and are the kindest people I have ever met. I can honestly say that I have developed a family like relationship with the entire staff. Every time I go in to eat the owner sits down and talks to me and my family. He does this with many customers and somehow remembers every detail about our lives. The food is equally amazing and keeps me coming back every week for more. There is a reason that the Columbus Dispatch, along with many other food critics, voted Panda House the best food and service around.