“A Little Piece of Heaven in the Middle of Nowhere”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laurelville
Nature's Pointe Cabins
Reviewed 5 February 2013

After countless days of researching and Googling potential cabin getaways for my husband's surprise 35th birthday weekend, I came across Nature's Pointe Cabins. Being that this was a complete surprise to my husband, the owner Ron was extremely helpful in keeping my secret. He was very quick to respond back to me via email with every detail, and even contacted me immediately when he discovered that the original cabin that I had booked (Bellwoode) had a temporary hot tub malfunction. He kindly offered to let us stay in Rocky Ridge (luckily there was a last-minute cancellation), which was the most beautiful of any cabin that I could possibly imagine. You can tell that the owner takes great pride in his properties. The cabin was immaculate, beautifully decorated, and from the moment that we walked through the door, we felt right at home. I was especially pleased to find a "hidden" room that was not shown on their website - but I don't want to ruin that surprise for those who read this review. I had ordered the breakfast basket through NP's website, which included 6 HUGE homemade cinnamon rolls, plus 3 packets of gourmet coffee and orange juice. It was waiting for us when we arrived. The bed was extremely comfortable, the kitchen was beautiful and updated with granite countertops, the fireplace was soothing, and relaxing in the hot tub at night under the stars in complete silence was a great treat. Honestly, the only complaint that we have is that the coffee maker took over an hour to brew...but in the meantime, we began our mornings taking a brief walk around sandstone cliffs right behind the cabin, followed by another soak in the hot tub.

Be sure to take some time and read the journal entries from past guests, as well as share your own experience during your stay. Also, I highly recommend contacting Blue Valley massage for in-cabin couples massages (surprise number 2 for my husband's birthday), and if you really want a treat, contact Grouse Nest for their traveling chef, who will come to your cabin and cook a gourmet meal (surprise number 3). Our chef was Trent, who was very fun and personable, and made our dinner extra special.

We loved it so much that we extended our stay just one more night, although Rocky Ridge was booked, so Ron offered us to rent another one of his cabins, Settler's Hollow, which was about 30 minutes away from Rocky Ridge. One more day allowed for us to visit Hocking Hills State Park and do some hiking at Old Man's Cave. It was a very cold, rainy, icy January day when we visited, but the best part was that we were the ONLY ones hiking, and the scenery of our surroundings was breathtaking.

Settler's Hollow was not nearly as fancy as Rocky Ridge, but it had the rustic feel of a true log cabin and was absolutely perfect for another night's stay. Again, it was extremely clean and it was a treat to soak in the hot tub after nearly 5 hours of hiking. Be sure to catch the sunrise while sipping on your coffee on the back balcony - it's a gorgeous view watching the sun come up over the woods, as well as some bird watching. And, on the coffee table there is another journal (along with a basket full of past journals) where you can read about other guest's stays, write about yours, and participate in the hidden dollar game. We had so much fun reading the clues left by previous guests, finding the hidden money, and rehiding them with our clues.

If you are looking for an amazing getaway to reconnect and make new memories with your loved one, or as a place to take your family and enjoy the comforts of your own home, Nature's Pointe is definitely the place for you. When visiting the Hocking Hills area again, we will most definitely keep our business with them.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alicia K

Reviewed 22 January 2013

I just loved the weekend that we spent at this cute cabin. I can't complain about a thing. I highly recommend everyone to go and spend a couple nights at the Rocky Ridge cabin. The views are stunning. The decor is awesome. You can't go wrong with this cabin. The outdoor hot tub in the winter was to die for. It has all the comforts of home but out in the woods.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah A
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We have stayed here about 4 or 5 different times over the past few years! We make it an annual trip for our anniversary so we are always visiting in the summer months. We have stayed at 3 different cabins (Wildwood, Settlers Hollow & Bellwood) on this property and have loved each one! It is a nice getaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Sometimes cell phone signals do not reach here which is good for me but is an adjustment for my hubby (lol)! All cabins are equipped to cook on their grill or inside in their kitchen - they have all the necessities, cookware, dishes, towels, etc. which is great! DVD player, DirectTV, etc. I just love being away from home, enjoying nature and peace and quiet but still being able to just watch the birds or deer off the deck or just TV with no schedule to follow! Very peaceful places. If you are here in July or August, I highly recommend visiting Lake Hope State Park where you can hand-feed hummingbirds. It is a little drive (about 30-40) minutes but is scenic and well worth the memory of a lifetime! Look it up before you go!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patchez89
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We just returned from the Laurel Ridge property. This was by far the best equiped and most beautiful of all. Last month we stayed at the Wildwood. We stay at least once a month in a cabin from Logan area to Pigeon Forge area. The Nature's Pointe properties are the cleanest of any we have ever stayed in. The amenities are great; could not ask for anything else. Next month we intend to stay at the Rocky Ridge property. The properties are very secluded but close to Logan or Laurelville. While staying in the area we suggest dining at the Ridge Inn at Laurelville.

A big THANKS to the Bells' !!!! Thank you for the use of your properties.

VanMeters

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank OhioJean
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Cabin was spotless and had all the required features: clean and nice hot tub, lovely deck overlooking woods and fire pit, nice kitchen, Satellite TV, WIFI. Owners were prompt in sending directions and info with the rental. Plenty of towels, great access to parks and good roads. The only negative was a neighbor's dog across the ravine which barked every night, all night for our visit. This meant we couldn't sleep with the windows open which was disappointing given the beautiful weather. But we slept fine with the windows closed.

Room Tip: This cabin accepted small pets which was very nice. Bring a crate. Upstairs room tends to catch all...