“There is room for improvement”
Review of Salt

Salt
Ranked #20 of 159 Restaurants in Lakewood
Reviewed 24 September 2018

We dined here on a Saturday evening. The greeting at the hostess station was rather aloof and vague. We decided to have a glass of wine at the bar while we waited for a table and sadly most of the house red wines by the glass were sold out. This seems odd for a weekend. After about 40 minutes we were seated. We shared beets with goat cheese-very good; shrimp ceviche-very good, bratwurst slices-good and 2 desserts which were both just okay (ice cream puff and peaches with corn bread). While the food was good-the overall impression left us a bit cold. We will try this place again with the hopes of a friendlier experience.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Usually when I see Tapas I think very small portions that won’t fill me up. This is not the case here. The portions were perfect. My fiancé and I ordered 4 different things and got very full. Corey did excellent making our drinks. The craft cocktails were extremely well balanced.
My only upset was that the website was a little misleading for happy hour. It states $5 CRAFT COCKTAILS. We ordered drinks and realized they were still 12 or 13$ when we got the check. When asked Corey apologized for not explaining it to us and said that they do not do the menu crafted cocktails for happy hour and they do no advertise it inside. Rather the bartender picks one drink and his examples were a Moscow mule or margarita and that is the happy hour cocktail. That doesn’t seem crafted to me or “cocktails” as advertised. When I asked him what the holy hour drink was today he stated he hadn’t thought of one yet...”maybe something easy like a margarita”...this was an hour into happy hour.
Just beware to ask about holy hour before ordering... we should have assumed.
You will love the kids and I recommend the brats and snapper :).

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Can’t believe this was my first time to Salt-should have gone sooner! Love the small plates, bc you can try and share a few things. So not a salad, main course type set up, which is refreshing. Jill is very talented and we loved every single thing we ate! Grpreat cocktails and wine too! Love the artwork and the vibe, trendy with lots of space. Our server Nicholas was wonderful! Can’t wait to go back!

1  Thank jlrvs
Reviewed 13 September 2018

We were a group of 6 and they suggested that we each order 2-3 items. We ordered from the top of the menu down (vegetables, fish and meat) and ended up tasting just about everything on the menu. As stated earlier, there are no salads and the plates are small - that said, we did manage to each get a taste of most of the samplings. Highlights for us were: roasted corn (it was local corn season, so it should be good); snapper and catfish; bratwurst and pate. the fish was much better than the meat choices. Because we ordered so much, we were suddenly filled up. the drinks were so-so and the wine list limited. We had fun trying all of the different options, but the bill was high and we had not had anything that memorable. I am glad we went, it is a fun night out, but not one that i would repeat on a frequent basis.
We ate inside on a hot summer evening. There is limited out door seating. It was noisy.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018

This is a quaint little tapas place. The plates are very small which makes it a bit pricey, but the food is so well done it is worth it. Allison the server is fantastic! Artisan cocktails are solid here.

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to Salt? Share your experiences!