“Great Pizza!”

Biga Wood-Fired Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Kirtland
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentic Naples-style ("Napoletana") pizza pie prepared and cooked just as it was 168 years ago in a wood-fired hearth oven at over 900° F', made with the finest, freshest, local ingredients such as fresh herbs, perfect hand-made dough, traditional processes. Beer and wine service.
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Went to Biga recently and absolutely loved it! Great wine selection, delicious salad and pizza. The salads are big enough to split! Cute and cozy place, I will definitely be back with my family again soon!

1  Thank J2826JH

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Decided to give Biga a try even though I’m picky about my pizza. I was not disappointed! My mom and I shared the shaved fennel salad and the margherita pizza. It was plenty for the two of us - even a slice or two left over (and that was excellent cold the next day!). The salad was very fresh and had great flavor. The pizza was super - great sauce and toppings. We ordered take out - so by the time we ate it, the crust was not as crispy as I’m sure it was straight out of the oven.

The only problem I had was trying to place an order. The phone number has recently changed and it’s not on the website. Ended up going in to place the order in person.

1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We went to Biga for the first time, after hearing some fiends rave about the food. Our friends did not lie! My husband and I shared the Shaved Fennel Salad, which was different than the typical mixed greens that one usually finds when going out for pizza. It was mixed greens with shaved fennel, carrots, pickled onions, Gorgonzola, chunks of apple, and crispy bacon, tossed with a balsamic dressing. It was fresh and delicious. Then we shared a Margherita Pizza with added onions. I had two pieces, my husband ate the other four. I should've stopped there, but my fiend wanted to see the dessert tray, claiming how wonderful their homemade desserts taste. This night there was a strawberry cheesecake (which my friend and her husband shared and raved about), an Italian fruit cake, a chocolate brownie cake, and a lemon Chiffon pie that was topped with lemon curd, and whipped cream, which is where I lost all control. It was so delicious and refreshing; perfect for a warm Summer evening. I made myself stop eating after 90% of the pie was gone! However, it did not to to waste; my friend's husband polished it off.

My husband, who is of Italian heritage and learned how to make pizza from scratch from his Grandmother when he was a teenager, is very picky about the dough, the sauce, and how long the pizza is cooked. I'm happy to report that he not only approved, he loved the pizza, and two days later he's talking about going back again real soon.

Biga is in a converted house with two seating areas: the indoor dining room, which is air conditioned, and the sun room, which is a screened in patio with fans. My husband had reserved (yes, they do take reservations) a table (no booths in Biga) in the indoor dining room. Next time I would like to sit in the sun room. Biga also uses local growers as much as possible for their produce, and sometimes, as in the case the evening we were there, jalapeños were not available, as the producer hadn't harvested them yet. They do have fresh-ground red peppers for those of us wanting to kick the spice up a notch, and it was spicy and tasty. They do serve beer and wine at Biga; the Chianti was the perfect accompaniment with our meal. Lastly, the staff is friendly and service is efficient. We look forward to going back to Biga soon and often!

1  Thank Diane D
Reviewed 24 June 2017

This was our first visit to Biga, the food is fantastic! I cannot wait to go back! The pizza is wonderful, and so was the antipasto. Great cheese on the antipasto platter & awesome bread. Delicious!

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Delicious rustica white pizza and strawberry salad. Great find. Wish we had room to try deserts. Pleasant staff and friendly atmosphere.