“Fantastic Pho!”
Review of zZ Yum Fun

zZ Yum Fun
Ranked #41 of 122 Restaurants in Kent
Reviewed 16 November 2017

We dropped in for a quick late work lunch. We hadn't been to a hot pot place before, so we were unfamiliar with how it works. We were on a time crunch, and it seemed the hot pot would take longer than we had, we opted for the tried and true classic, pho soup.

We started off with a couple orders of spring rolls. Small and fresh, they clearly tasted homemade. Then our soup arrived. Fantastic! One of our party has been all over the US and Europe, and said this was one of the best pho soups he's ever had!

We definitely want to try this place again for dinner to try hot pot. But for our lunch items,

1  Thank Mesasand

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We had a variety of hot pots, the squid, spicy beef, spicy chicken and vegetable. They were each different and tasty. Each came with a huge plate of veggies. We had no idea what we were doing and the extremely kind waiter helped us out. He offered suggestions, showed us how to mix the different sauces and explained each new addition to the table. We left over stuffed and very happy.

1  Thank Judy G
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Wonderful hot pot in America. I can never imagine I can eat such a good hot pot around Kent or Akron. This is my fourth time eating here in two month!

1  Thank 旭辉 夏
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We went in at 8:30pm on a Saturday. The waiter explained the menu, prepared us some sauce, and explained the ceramic burners. I've heard of hot pot from my Chinese friends, but I had never tried it myself. It was an unexpected experience for rural Ohio. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank TKDgrl91
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Hot Pot is a way of eating: you dip fresh vegetable, meat, sea food of your
choice (usually quite a number), into delicious boiling broth and eat it as soon as it is ready (like in 30 seconds or so). There is also a selection of
sauce ingrediants for you to make your own dipping sauce.

You can control the heat level of the broth so it's just right. But if you
need more broth, the server is always ready to add more for you.

The hot pot is individual and each person can enjoy his/her own selections.
Put the noodle in before you finish your meal. The super flavorful stock
in front of you will make the soup noodle soooooooooooo good.

Take the leftover home for some more noodles the next day!!!

In addition to hot pot, the place also serves "regular" Chinese dishes.

1  Thank Paul W