All reviews across the street pool and hot tub beautiful landscaping sofa bed small apartment brew pub living room area nice pool negative reviews rooms are spacious and clean great room flat screen early check b bs my husband and i get away checking in
Reviewed 15 October 2017

From my first phone call with Marvin to actually showing up at the front desk I couldn't have had a better experience. We stayed in the Cunningham Suite. The only bad thing was we could not stay long enough. The ferry back to the mainland did not leave early enough for us to catch our flight out of Cleveland. We had a great time across the street and enjoyed great food. Steve made it a blast. Everyone there at the resort went out of there're way to make our stay enjoyable. The Cunningham suite was perfect. I am not sure about the ladies names at the front desk, maybe Linsay and Sandy, but they were so helpful and friendly. I even went out of my way to go meet Marvin off site and thank him. I am from Texas and accustomed to friendly people and felt right at home. Thanks to all.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We recently spent a long weekend there. Let's face it there are not many hotel choices on Kelley's Island. We did not want to leave and cannot wait to return. I read the reviews about the rude staff and found just the opposite. The grounds are immaculate and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The pool was still open at this last date and the building was constantly being cleaned. Even if there were many hotels on the island this would be my first choice.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017

No web reservations & when I called the desk clerk was so rude I decided not to book! If they are this rude on the phone who knows what the stay would be like. 14 day cancellation policy...are you kidding me?

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank jehuddleston
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Front desk clerks Lindsay, Marvin and Sandy are rude act like they are top rated resort or something. They don't belong in this business. Guests are not treated with respect here. Way overpriced for such a bad experience.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Ken B
Reviewed 12 August 2017

They do post a sign at the front desk...."no check-in time before 3:00 PM". Trouble is, you have to be there in person to read it..........at 11:00 in the morning. We arrived in our boat, rented a golf cart & hoped to drop off our bags in our reserved room. NO WAY!!! Marvin said absolutely not before 3 !!! Never broke a smile..........just rude as hell. I asked if we could at least leave our bags. He motioned toward the banquet room & said we could leave them in there. Not locked in a storage room like most hotels. It would have been easy for anyone to walk off with them.
Of course when we arrived back at 3:00 PM there is now a line-up of customers wanting their room & we had to wait for everyone to be processed at the same time. We left the next morning at 7:00 AM & left a "do not disturb sign" on the door.
If you do stay here, try & get top floor room because if you are below you can hear people stomping around to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
I agree with another reviewer, "supply outpaces demand" so they just don't give a damn about the customer............

Room tip: get a top floor.....bottom floor rooms can hear everything going on upstairs
Date of stay: August 2017