All reviews front desk superior king room was clean the christmas story house bob evans opened the door rock and roll hall non smoking first floor checking in convenient location mini fridge cleveland motel inns smoke dennys
Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay in Independence this past weekend! The Red Roof Inn is a no frills hotel, but reasonably priced, clean, and close to Cuyahoga Valley National Park. The person working the check in desk was friendly and matched us with a lower level room on the end as we were traveling with our dog. (This is a great pet friendly hotel, where pets stay free!!) We would recommend and stay again!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kurtis S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I have shared your comments with my team and they are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide excellent customer service and clean comfortable rooms to our guests. We also like to take care of our furry friends when they come to visit. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again during your travels.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Will never be returning again. Website did not mention the construction (constant hammer banging right outside the room) starting at 9am-6pm both days of our stay. When I went to the front desk to try to get some sort of compensation for being woken up both mornings by hammer banging and hearing it all day, the front desk person was very rude from the beginning. He stated that there was nothing he could do because they had a sign posted in the small lobby saying there was construction. I attempted to explain that we booked online (on the official Red Roof Inn website) in advance and there was no warning online at all. At this point, one of the construction workers that was in the lobby at the time decided to rudely chime in and team up with the front desk personnel to take stand against me. I never raised my voice to the front desk personnel but out of nowhere he SCREAMED at the top of his lungs saying "I WILL CALL THE COPS IF YOU DON'T GET OUT OF MY LOBBY IN 5 SECONDS!!" just because I was complaining about early morning construction. I tried to continue explaining how we would have chose a different hotel online if they had posted the warning about construction but he just interrupted, screaming again "5 SECONDS!" This completely caught me off guard. Never have I been so disrespected by a customer service personnel. Once I was able to get him to relax a little and put the phone down, he finally agreed that the construction should not have started that early and refunded me for one of the two nights I stayed. But this did not happen until after he yelled at the top of his lungs. I have never witnessed a more unprofessional staff at a hotel in my life. Toilet was also very dirty. Do not come here unless you desire to be disrespected. What a joke this place was.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CO_Lucius
Kurtis S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize for the issues that you had with the construction crew and the interaction with my front desk agent. This is certainly not the norm. We are currently renovating our second floor balcony and are doing our best to try to limit the disturbance to our guest. I apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you.

As for my staff member, this behavior is not acceptable and certainly not the norm. I will ensure that this is addressed and corrected immediately. We often here our guests rave about our excellent customer service. I apologize again for the issues that you had. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss this matter further. I would like to ensure that all your issues have been addressed and rectify the situation. I hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

My husband was in University Hospital for 75 days, 37 of those in ICU. A very serious surgery that was a life or death situation. I don't know all of the staffs names but everyone was so kind and thoughtful considering my reason for staying so long. Wherever they could they made my rate as low as possible. Rosie, April & Marva always asked how my husband was and the young man at the front desk was always very helpful. The room was clean and with a fridge & microwave this made my long stay easier to manage. The area has restaurants close by and is very close to I 77.
I also liked that my car was right outside my room for safety and easy access.

Room tip: First floor and close to ice machine
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Kurtis S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I have shared your comments with my team and have recognized Rosie, April, and Marva for their excellent customer service. I have a wonderful staff that care about each of our guests and will go above and beyond to try to make sure that every guest feels just like family. We work hard to make each guest feel like they are right at home when staying with us. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again during your travels.

Kurt and your Red Roof Family

Reviewed 26 October 2016

The room was very clean, and the customer service was great! My favorite was that the had a partially fenced area for the dogs! The only thing I noticed was the loud noise of the bar across the street! Sounded like they were having a great time. Didn't bother me much but if you want silence maybe not a good choice.

Room tip: Loud because of the bar next door.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TeKema B

Thank you TeKema for your kind works. We work hard to provide our guests with clean and comfortable rooms, and excellent customer service. As you have mention, we are pet friendly and have a nice area located in the back of our property for our guests to walk their furry friends. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you again during your travels.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

While staying in room 132 in Independence, OH outside Cleveland, We received a good room rate for a comfortable room. Rosie the desk clerk, greeted us with a smile., apologized when she had to take a reservation phone call and explained their rewards program in detail. She even gave us the complimentary water when I gave up my email address. She also asked us to rate our stay. She made us want to return by her friendly manner. Most customer service in the hotel industry we have encountered lately has been mediocre at best. This was a refreshing change.

Room tip: 1st floor good for me with double knee replacements.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for your kind words. I have shared your comments with Rosie and the rest of the staff, and have recognized her for a job well done. I have a great staff that take pride in their work and really care about our guests. Rosie is a great example of the excellent customer service that our guests have come to expect when staying with us.

Also, I would like to thank you for joining our RediCard program which offers our guests tons of extra promotions, discounts, and even free nights when staying at our locations. I hope you enjoy these extra benefits during your travels.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit to Cleveland/ Independence.