“Great Food, Slow Service”

Rockside Thai Gourmet
Ranked #26 of 48 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

I ordered the basil chicken and an egg roll. Both were absolutely delicious. I definitely enjoyed my meal. The only downside is that the service was less than attentive, spending most of their time in the kitchen rather then checking on incoming and existing clients.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

You've got to love a place that lets you BYOB! Such restaurants have never disappointed me. Our group of five women came for dinner after a 4pm movie, beers in hand! We were seated right away and brought beer glasses and they even sliced the orange I brought for the wheat beers. No fee was charged for this service.

We were pretty hungry after the movie so appetizers were ordered to share, crab rangoon and vegetable potstickers...some of the ladies were observing Lent. I'm not normally a fan of crab rangoon but it was delicious. The potstickers were the best I've ever had. Although Chinese food is also served, I opted for the Thai Coconut Spaghetti which our kind and very comical waiter, Arial recommended. He also easily substituted rice noodles for my spaghetti. I didn't try anyone's entree but no complaints were heard around the table. At the end of the meal we shared a very generous order of the Coconut Fried Banana. I mean generous, too. Five of us shared and there was even some left!

Writing this review, I am yearning to go back!

Reviewed 5 March 2017

We just decided to cruise the area to find something appealing and landed here. Nothing much to beg you to come in on the outside but cozy and charming inside. Comfortable booth seating, good color choices, nice lighting, a fine Thai wall hanging at the rear. Menu included a full complement of Thai dishes as well as Chinese. A few other Asian choices including Vietnamese pho. We came only for a light supper. My wife chose won-ton soup and potstickers, both of which she claimed to be excellent, and I chose a beef Pho which was enough to serve an army and full of vegetables, meat and noodles. Very good and plenty to take home for lunch the next day. Obviously we did not challenge the menu too much but liked what we had enough to want to come again to try more selections. Prices seemed reasonable. I could not comprehend the unpleasant comments from Michael K who clearly has a massive and easily bruised ego . We encountered the same server - Filipino - by the way - and we very much appreciated his humor and his attentive service.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

The horrible service is the small older asian guy (Thai?). I would come with my wife or female co-workers and he would always be charming to them and derogatory to me, with a smile on his face. I started to let him know I didn't appreciate it. I came in with two attractive ladies, and he said that I should pick one. Awkward, and no joke! Last time I came in, after he clearly knew I didn't appreciate it, he said "Ladies first"and turned to me to take my order. Im done. He doesn't know his job, and is too dense to take the hint. I can get overpriced mediocre thai somewhere else!

4  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Ordered Pad Thai and Pad Kee Mao Beef. Both dishes were good and portions are very generous. Had enough leftover for supper the next day. The Won Ton Soup and Tom Yum Chicken Soup was very flavorful.

Our server, Arial, was helpful and very friendly.

This was our first visit, but plan to go back and try more dishes.