“Unclean!”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Huron
New Castle, Pennsylvania
“Unclean!”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We stayed here after a trip to Cedar Point . . . The first thing we noticed was a bad smell. My husband went to the front desk to get some fabric spray and he sprayed the carpet. Then, we noticed mildew in the tub and on the shower curtain. There was a pistachio nut shell in one of the beds as well as black hair (none of us has black hair). The WIFI did not work at all and when I mentioned this (as well as other things) at the front desk, I was told that their computers had not been working correctly either. There was not enough seating for the continental breakfast so we ate by the indoor pool. One of the tables was not clean and it looked like it also had mildew growing on it. We will pick a different hotel the next time we travel in that direction!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I travel a lot and I only stay at choice brand hotels for the rewards. I called about 4 other choice hotels in the area and I have already stayed at another comfort inn in the area and I enjoy having a smoking room with a fridge. No other choice hotel offers a fridge ( at this one its an additional fee but its the only one that even offers a fridge) The rooms are about average. The other nice thing is even in the smoking rooms they have 32 inch LCD TV's which is pretty rare if you want a smoking room. Good breakfast. Free lemonade in the lobby which is great since I don't really drink coffee. It's a nice quiet place right off of the interstate and a few fast food places real close. When im in the area I will be at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Eric K
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Clean rooms but bring an air freshener. There were also little ants on the counter in the breakfast room.

• Stayed August 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This hotel was nice, not terribly pricey, and had the added bonus of a very good free breakfast.

My son told me to mention it doesn't have an elevator, if you end up on the second floor and have a bunch of luggage. That's not an issue for me, and hasn't affected the review.

The front desk staff were very helpful, the room was lovely, and the location was perfect, just a short drive from Cedar Point, yet peaceful and away from the more developed parts of the area.

If I have any complaints, it's that the maid didn't make my son's bed one day because his (small) suitcase was too close to the bed. We received a note on the unmade bed explaining the reason, so he moved his suitcase, and the bed was made the following day. It seemed a bit weird, since the suitcase wasn't very heavy and I've never received such a note before. Anway, it wasn't a big deal.

In all, we had an enjoyable stay.

Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed 14 August 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE!
We were supposed to stay here one night, but it was so disgusting that we left and drove home. When you walk in, it smells of mildew/body odor. Our room reeked of stale cigarette smoke. The hallway carpets were filthy. There was a used bar of soap in the shower, body hair all over the bathroom floor, dirt smeared all over bathroom door, clogged toilet, dried snot wiped on the wall, dirty paper towel shoved in corner of window, tables covered with dust.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Huron hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huron
3.6 km away
7.7 km away
South Shore Inn
South Shore Inn
#14 of 35 in Sandusky

Been to Quality Inn Cedar Point? Share your experiences!