Gull Motel Huron
US$90
US$79
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

US$83
US$163
US$110
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2016

Great little place. Dale was very friendly and helpful. It is what it is though. No frills. As others noted, the trains were very loud at night. Will try to get a room on the back side next time! Happy to go back and support a small local motel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

Yup - a lot of freight trains run by the motel - and if they do run all night, I slept through them just fine. The motel is dated - almost frozen in time from the late 50's - reminds me of the motel room set up at the Henry Ford museum in Deerborn MI to show what a modern motel room used to look like... and I haven't seen a matching light blue sink, toilet and tub since I was a kid traveling with my folks. Fortunately the room was clean and comfortable enough and the owner Dale is a fabulous personable guy - he really cares. I've been on the road for over two months - The Gull is no Westin - but it's memorable - I liked it.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank time4gary
Reviewed 7 August 2015

Chose this motel because I wanted a "mom & pop" place instead of a chain hotel on our way to Cedar Point. Called Dale, the owner, and he said he had one room left, so we asked him to hold it for 20 minutes until we got there.

Walked into the office, which was a mess and had a funky smell. Dale showed us the room he had available, which was dated, but roomy, clean, and available, so we took it.

We paid $100 for the room, which is right on the river, so he caters to fisherman. The motel itself looks a little sketchy. Weeds growing, screens on windows were filthy, paint chipping, but the owner is so nice, and the room itself was decent.

Just on the other side of the road, is a set of train tracks. The trains go by all day and night, blowing the horn each and every time. I was glad I was tired enough to sleep through it during the night, but if you're a light sleeper, forget about it!

Don't expect the Hilton staying here, and you should be OK.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back, maybe it'll help drown out the trains!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

A great affordable place that is almost half the price of places around. Clean, safe, and comfortable. We were worried about the trains and getting a good night sleep but he put us in the back rooms. We had the air conditioner on and couldn't hear a thing. The owner was nice and accommodating. We like putting our money towards small businesses rather than chain hotels when we can and this was worth it.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2015

Needed a room for a night after visiting Cedar Point. Didn't expect much initially, but the motel turned out to be quite a pleasant surprise. What it lacks in modern amenities it more than makes up for in cleanliness. Very well maintained property in a safe little midwestern town. Owner is a friendly guy that's very patient and willing to chat with you. Unless you absolutely need to have wifi, I'd recommend this over any of the chain motels.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends