“disappointing meal and over priced”
Review of Bar North

Bar North
Ranked #8 of 40 Restaurants in Huron
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located at Thunderbird Hills North golf course clubhouse
Reviewed 3 October 2018

had the advertised special and it was not as described. was supposed to be sweet potato crusted trout and turned out being watery mashed potatoes on top of of strong tasting fish, it was unedible and waitress made no effort to compensate for it although it was evident I didnt eat any.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Have been here s couple times. Found the bar section to be a good place for a drink maybe but wasn’t impressed with the food had so far. Why? Was surprised at how overpriced the walleye bites were and the literal handful you receive on a single skewer. That just rubbed us the ring way. The is a must have at any restaurant around Lake Erie and was Not Impressed. Service was questionable. Waitress seemed uninterested but maybe she as just having a bad day. I will go back and try the food and experience again and update sometime. The outdoor patio facing the golf course is quaint.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for a quick snack while traveling to cedar point. Both the bacon wrapped scallops and calamari were good. French onion soup was good too. Staff was friendly and we will stop again if were in the area

Reviewed 22 July 2018

We love going to Bar North when we’re in town. This was my mom’s favorite restaurant and we’ve had great meals and times there. Try the martini flights. You won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Have been regular customers for the summer season when we live here. Always have been vocal proponents to this place. A real gem in a small town with great chefs specials and higher quality ingredients. However, very disappointed in today's experience. Have had some of the best salmon ever there previously and went for my birthday. Waitress did not come back to ask about the food, which I would have explained was oily (took the lemon out of our waters to squeeze on to see if the acid would counter the taste) and sent back. Ate very little (which was flaky and perfectly cooked) and when the waitress came and asked if I wanted to box it, I explained in detail that I had experienced salmon there that was the kind of dish you not only devoured but wanted more, but this was strong and had some gritty texture element. No comment, no happy birthday (had given her that regular customer coupon on arrival), nada, zip. And no, we didn't short her tip from the full price, as that is rude.

Been to Bar North? Share your experiences!