All reviews front desk texas roadhouse cheese omelets chocolate chip cookies serve breakfast comfy bed nice hotel lots of restaurants walking distance close to the airport the air force museum ample parking grocery store complimentary breakfast hotel is located convenient location short drive
Reviewed 16 August 2018

They are doing renovations so some of the materials took up some parking spaces. Good manager. There was a problem with my shower head and he got it fixed pretty quickly. Close to the airport. McDonalds next door for an early breakfast on the way to a 6 AM flight.

Room Tip: They are renovating all the rooms so they should all be nice once that is complete.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Brian M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

ontheroadagn7,

Thank you for not only leaving your feedback and observations from your stay but being our guest. We appreciate you and were glad that we could handle your issue in a timely manner.
It is our hope that you will stay with us again in the future so that you can see the renovations after completion.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located easily off of the Interstate and surrounded by a wide assortment of restaurants.
When I had an issue with missing IHG points, I contacted the manager and he had the issue resolved for me within 24 hours!
I am very happy we chose to stay here. I look forward to seeing it post renovation.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Brian M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for not only leaving your feedback regarding your stay but being our guest as well. We were happy to assist you with getting your points. We look forward to seeing you again during future visit and especially after the renovations.

Brian McKenzie

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this property while in town for a concert. Very clean, and the staff was so nice. It is in walking distance of a couple restaurants.we didn't have the complimentary breakfast, but I'm sure it was good, they were quite busy.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Brian M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

babo_60,
Thank you for not only leaving your feedback but being our guest. We want you to know just how much we appreciate you and your comments. It is our sincere hope that every guest that walk through our doors has the same experience as you.

If you're ever back in the area for another concert or any other reason that you will once again consider choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We have been coming here for years for the annual amateur radio convention. Overall we had a good stay. Our room was quiet and comfortable, and the breakfast seemed somewhat improved in quality from last year, even though the items were basically the same. The staff ranged from cordial to very kind. I wish I knew their names, but there were three who stood out: one at breakfast, one at the desk, and one in housekeeping. Some afternoons they put out chocolate chip cookies! The hotel location is good, with restaurants (some walking distance), a theater, and stores close by. But HIE friends, you must replace the carpet in the elevator. I don’t understand why it has looked this dirty for the past three years. Also, the stopper was missing from our sink, and housekeeping forgot at least one item every day. Just a little more love and attention, and you will rate more stars. :)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Brian M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

ILoveTexas,

Thank you for not only leaving your feedback but being our guest, year after year and considering us your home away from home during Hamvention. I assure you that, we are taking your words to heart and we will be working very hard to polish and shine the hotel and our staff with the hope that next year when you return that you will see that we have learned from your comments.

Thank you again, our guest feedback is very important to us and very appreciated.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I have absolutely no complaints about my recent 2 night stay in the HIE - Huber Heights. Neil Moon, the front desk manager, did an excellent job getting our group checked in, and was helpful and courteous when I asked for information or assistance. Our room was comfortable, clean and quiet - great bed and shower! Despite our group of 30 "stressing the system" by showing up the minute breakfast started on Sunday morning, the gentleman on duty did an admirable job keeping everything replenished when it ran out. The icing on the cake was the note left by whoever cleaned our room, thanking us for leaving a tip - first time ever (or that I remember!), and we travel a lot, and have stayed in many hotels for multiple nights over the years. Next time I need a hotel room anywhere in the vicinity of Dayton, I'll try to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank khhass
Brian M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Thank you for not only your kinds words and feedback of the hotel but being our guest and considering us your home away from home while traveling. I have personally spoken to the staff and have given them kudos from you and my sincere appreciation for making us look so good in your eyes. The staff is very humbled and very appreciative of you.
It is my hope that everyone whom walks through our door receives the same experience that you did.
Thank you again for your group for considering us as your home away from home while visiting the Dayton area and we hope to see you again if and when your travels bring you back this way.