“Little Restaurant with good Tex Mex and a Small but good German Menu”

Arturo's Fritz & Alfredo's
Ranked #24 of 59 Restaurants in Holland
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, German, Mexican
Reviewed 30 December 2016

Arturo's is a cozy little restaurant in a shopping strip in Holland, Ohio. It has lots of parking and a very nice atmosphere. Art keeps the lights at a comfortable level and the crowd is diverse and always very nice.

The Mexican is good and served warm by a friendly wait staff. The enchiladas are good and they even have a very good fish tacos for only $4.79 for 2.

Thursday night is margarita special night and features a variety of margaritas for $6.99 for a jumbo.

Art is on site most nights and makes a special effort to make his customers comfortable and welcome.

We enjoy Arturo,s and will be going there often.

2  Thank Laker9029

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

We were here a few months ago, and we weren't very happy with the German food. We said we would give it a second chance, and this time we ordered Mexican food.

Everything on the menu was very pricey. I wanted just one enchilada, and I was looking at $6-$7. My husband was going to order a burger, but it came with nothing but a pickle spear. So we decided to split a dozen Cajun Chicken Nachos. I should have taken a picture of the measly-looking plate they served. Yeah, we got a dozen (13 if you count the extra 1/2 nacho), but my oh my, the nachos were tiny! And they were pretty stingy with the toppings.

Margaritas were OK (husband got regular, I got peach), but nothing special.

1  Thank Mwietro
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

I really wanted schnitzel and thought I was going to have to drive to Detroit to get it. This unique combination of Mexican and German food at this restaurant and to have it be good is surprising. They offer 3 versions of schnitzels; veal, pork and chicken. I had the pork with the gravy, mushrooms, home fries and corn. It was SUPERB. Of all the restaurants I've reviewed to date, this one is the best. They have a full bar, great margaritas specials. My only knock is I ordered the food to go, told it would be ready in 15 minutes, got there in 20 minutes and the order wasn't ready. I'm still going back.

2  Thank George H
Reviewed 30 August 2016

The food was average. We would have rated this higher except for two things. The chips and the tortillas were stale and there was cross-contamination with a bit of meat in the vegetarian dishes. The service was good. Perhaps it was just the day but due to the lack of attention in using uncontaminated utensils in serving vegetarian food and the stale items. We are likely not going to return. It is unfortunate because the ambiance and decor were enjoyable.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Inattentive wait staff and really poor quality, bland food.
Hueher schnitzel was a breaded piece of unseasoned chicken the only flavor came from the excessively browned breading. The "German" potato salad was potatoes fried in a little bacon grease with a little vinegar thrown in because they thought they needed to.
Chicken tacos-- chicken was unseasoned chicken (tasted like it was taken out of a can) no seasoning was added and then "dressed up with lettuce and one small piece of tomato. Thank God for salsa or this would have been inedible.
Waitress paid a lot of attention to the table next door, talking to them and showing them photos on her phone and ignored us - we requested lime for our margaritas (straight from the blah bottle) and never got it. She asked if the food was okay and she nailed it the food was okay. Do I recommend? An emphatic NO!

1  Thank Adam56