“Nice place”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hilliard
Dublin, Ohio
“Nice place”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I was here for 2 months while I looked for a permanent place to live. I enjoyed it a lot. The staff were great, the room was clean. The bed was way too soft - my back was killing me after a couple nights. The furnishings are not exactly classy but fine for a reasonable hotel. The breakfast and dinner that was provided was institutional. That said, I would highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Go to an upper floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
ColumbusHWS_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Thanks so much for taking time to let us know about your stay with us! We'll be sure to focus some time and engergy on our menu selections and appearance to make sure we have a better offering for our guests! Thanks again for your feedback! We hope to see you again in the future!

Jim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Willoughby, Ohio
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Felt like this Homewood Suites was built on the cheap. Our room was on the first floor and we could hear the running in the halls above us. I would reccomend asking for a room on the third floor. Room was clean. Bathroom tub only had two little spots of mildew. Bed linen came off the bed the first night. Left a note for housekeeping about the issue and the bed was remade right and did not have the problem again. Breakfast is just like others have stated - need more tables, a second waffle iron, and the premade food could one kept warmer. Did not use the pool or fitness room, but both looked clean and in good shape. Quick access to the highway and lots of places to eat close by.

• Stayed November 2011
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 9 November 2011

The check in experience was smooth and friendly. The room was reasonably clean and well furnished. However, the noise levels coming from both inside and outside the building gave the impression of cheap, paper thin, un-insulated walls. From the third floor I could actually hear a normal level conversation down in the parking lot as if they were in my room. The worst problem though was waking up in the morning to find there was NO HOT WATER available to take our showers. Upon notifying the front desk person, she promised to call back and when she did, she said that we could shower in a room several doors down the hall instead. However, amazingly NO offer was made to bring us a key to said room -- we were told to come down to the lobby (a rather long and unacceptable trek considering we were not yet dressed and still un-showered). The breakfast area had totally insufficient seating given the size of the property and only one waffle iron from which to make the vaunted "hot breakfast" . I've stayed in smaller Hampton Inns that had at least two waffle irons. So between the wait to use the waffle maker and then having no seats available after finally making it, breakfast was a disappointment as well. After learning there was no acceptable solution to the lack of hot water, I had stated that we expected an adjustment to our room charges and was given the clear impression that would happen. Yet, when I checked back several hours later (after checking out), I found nothing had been done to compensate us and had to insist on that accommodation which in the end was just OK but not completely sufficient given the circumstances. We log a couple dozen or more room nights a year and almost all at Hilton flag properties and this is definitely not the norm. Your results may vary, but I don't expect to revisit this property on any of my many future trips to Columbus.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BuckeyeBob
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Let me start by saying that I love Homewood Suites. It's the first hotel I look for whenever I travel. However, this particular HS is a notch or two below others I have stayed at.

I first stayed at this HS July of 2010 and had three issues with this property, 1. no ice makers in room, 2. the breakfast area was messy and breakfast wasn't good and 3.there is no outdoor seating/courtyard.

This year, I was pleased to see that they have put ice makers in the rooms whereas last year I had to schlep down the hall to get ice.

Breakfast was still sub-par. There were no forks available and when I asked for one I was told (as was another guest who asked) there might be some "over there" and that they kept running out. The area was messy, eggs were so runny as to be inedible and the three hot items were anything but hot. Didn't need a fork after all. :)

This property desperately needs outdoor seating. I had to sit on the curb with my feet in the gutter to watch my grandkids play basketball. There are grills but nowhere outside to sit with your food should you choose to grill. There is ample indoor eating though.

The tub was slow to drain the first night but was fixed promptly after I reported it. The toilet wouldn't flush the last morning which caused us to use a public restroom. We didn't have time to wait to have it fixed as we were packing to leave but I did report it before we left. I assume it was also promptly fixed.

The day we checked in I found a letter on the desk. It was for another guest and inadvertantly left in our room. The letter told the guest what a valuable customer they were and that there were bottles of water and snacks left for them compliments of the hotel. I was somewhat dismayed to discover that I wasn't as valuable a customer as the other guest, but life goes on.

Other than breakfast and a lack of outdoor seating, this is a nice property. It's clean and the staff is polite.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
ColumbusHWS_GM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
Thank you very much for taking time to provide us with thoughts regarding your stay. I value the opinions of our guests and have been making every attempt to make sure we've corrected those detail items that you described.

We've taken into consideration the concern for outdoor seating at both the Sport Court as well as the Grill Area and have been trying to come up with solutions for our guests. As you mentioned, the difficult part is limited space in the areas that would offer nice seating without being a safety concern of getting around them, etc. I hope to have a resolution by Spring.

Again, thanks for taking the time to offer feedback as well as the positive changes like the new appliances with the ice makers!

Best Wishes!

Jim, GM
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Comfortable room with separate sitting area with doors that close it off from the bedroom. Comfortable bed - although there were Queen size sheets on our King sized bed - didn't even come close to fitting. Very clean. Very quiet. Well appointed kitchen, full size fridge, microwave, dishwasher, 2 burner cooktop. Nice breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank travelsalot2137
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilliard
0.7 km away
8.7 km away
Hampton Inn Columbus Dublin
5.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard? Share your experiences!