All reviewspancake machinefront deskshower pressurebiscuits and gravyrestaurants and shoppingshower headhotel is locatedroom was cleanwould stay againtvtournamentrenovationhousekeepingdustcolumbus
Reviewed 25 January 2018

While we were there they were renovating the lobby and rooms. You could tell it was in disarray. But I was totally okay with that. There is a difference in walking into an old run down out dated dirty hotel and walking into an old run down out dated dirty hotel that is in the process of being renovated. It tends to change your look on the hotel.
The NUMBER ONE complaint I see no matter with I stay is housekeeping. I do this for a living. And when I see pink mold around the shower tiles or shower head. It tells me that it truly hasn't been cleaned. Finding a sock BEHIND the trash can (you know the one you have to pick up to change out the bag) Tells me they didn't LOOK. The kids toy under the bed. Things like that is just rushing through getting it done flipping the room and not really caring and doing your job correctly. THAT annoys me. Dust on things that people use every day. It doesn't take that long to give just a tad bit more attention to detail.
Overall great staff great location nice size rooms. (there are 5 of us)
When we go back up to visit family we will stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Have stayed at this location multiple times over past few years when traveling for business. It is an older property and has been undergoing renovations for some time, but just has never really felt like the HI express brand. Last night when checking in I noticed a letter/notice in a plastic frame on the far side of the counter. It stated the hotel would be rebranded a Choice hotel on Nov 1. The desk clerk made no mention of this. I asked and he stated that yes, they were rebranding next week. I then asked if they were contacting those with reservations after Nov 1, and how would that work with the points/loyalty program. He said no they would not be contacting anyone, that the points received would just be choice, Surprise! If I had not been in town tonight, I would not have known this until checking in the first week of Nov. While, yes, a hotel is a hotel, I booked HI not Choice. Seems they should notify the upcoming reservations so that an informed decision could be made by the guest. There was some talk from others that were in the elevator about this also.
The hotel was clean, average stay. Clerk was friendly. Did not eat breakfast. TV was older and had volume issues. Room had a mix of HI and choice branded items in it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2017

My wife and I enjoy Holiday Inn Express Hotels on our road trips. We were going out east from our home in Illinois. Wanted to get through Columbus, Oh. but not much further. The Heath location is about 8-9 mile north of I- 70. Well worth it. The only reason I gave it an overall 4 is because of remodel construction. I'm sure once that is completed it will be a 5+.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the holiday inn for two nights with my sons travel ball team...the hotel was doing some renovations but otherwise nice the room was spacious and clean they provided a kurieg in the room as well...the pool was nice for the boys to hangout in and the staff was very friendly...the are where the hotel is located was convenient being close to plenty of restaurants and shopping...I'd recommend this hotel to anyone tracing through the area looking for a nice place to stay that isn't gonna break the budget.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

The service was good, the room was clean. But this was literally the worse mattress I've ever laid on. You can feel every single spring. It's hard as a rock with springs sticking up. Absolutely the worse nights sleep I've ever had at a hotel. I took the blanket off the other bed and put it over the sheet on my bed so I could have something between my back and the springs sticking into it. I was told I got a renovated room, but who cares about new carpeting when the mattress is this bad!

Stayed: April 2017
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear swandive208,

Thank you for posting a review and for highlighting all aspects of your stay. I'm pleased to hear that you found the staff service and room cleanliness to your liking. I am very sorry for the inconvenience, most especially with the bed quality. I can assure you it is not our intent to cause any dismay, and we always strive to make all our guests feel comfortable.

The details mentioned in your review have now been forwarded to our management team. We will immediately take action to rectify this to achieve guest satisfaction. We hope to welcome you again so we can make your next stay much better.

Regards,