All reviewspancake machinefront deskshower pressurebiscuits and gravyrestaurants and shoppingshower headhotel is locatedroom was cleanwould stay againtvtournamentrenovationhousekeepingdustcolumbus
Reviewed 27 November 2015

I visited this property while on a business trip and was very surprised. It was definitely not to the standard that I have become familiar with for this chain. When I arrived I actually drove past it because there were no signs lit or readily visible. At check-in, it seemed as though I was burdening them with my presence. Once I got to my room, it was not very well lit. For the few days that I stayed, the only staff that took the time to speak to me was the Breakfast Café Attendant. I admit that this is one of the smaller hotels that I have stayed at in this chain, but as a business traveler you expect certain politeness. Overall, it satisfied the purpose of being a place to clean up and rest but that is about it.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Dwann T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2015

Dear Fingers743,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We apologize for the negative experiences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

Reviewed 18 November 2015 via mobile

Decent hotel in convenient location with plenty of dining nearby. It could use a makeover, but it was clean and comfortable. Water pressure in the shower is very strong, like blow the skin off your face strong. Microwave and fridge in the rooms, and the tv comes in clear. Avoid rooms on the gas station side of building (odd #s) if possible because they are noisy (loud cars and bikes). Breakfast starts at 6 which is too late for me, so idk how it is. Staff was pleasant during the few interactions I had with them.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Dwann T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2015

J H,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Newark-Heath. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff about their service. Hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed for four nights and really enjoyed the breakfast each morning. They offered hot water(very hot) for the oatmeal along with fantastic cinnamon rolls. Way too much to name but some are scrabbled eggs,sausage,turkey sausage,muffins,bagels,bacon and everyday you could make your pancakes.It would be nice if they could keep it open till 10:30 every morning instead of 9:30.Also,we didn't know that you had to put the "change linen" door sign to get fresh towels.We would have been fine not changing linens but we would have liked fresh towels and our bed made. Our room was very clean and I liked that they had a good exhaust fan in the bathroom to allow a guy to see to shave after a shower!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Dwann T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2015

Miethe,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our breakfast; it is a fabulous breakfast! I do apologize about the confusion with the linen cards; the front desk is here 24/7 to assist if you ever need new towels, etc. We hope you will visit us again.

Dwann T

Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

This hotel is ok but the staff is very unprofessional. ..half of tge people at the front desk knew what they were doing and we had reserved the breakfast area for a,meeting and was interrupted several times people were very rude

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Dwann T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2015

Meme105,

We appreciate the feedback and I do apologize for the interruptions you had during your meeting. Be reassured I have reviewed this information with the staff to better your next stay with us.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

My husband and I stayed here a year ago, and regret it. Awful service, hot tub was broken, they 'fixed' it twice but it did not work still. They came in our room after we put up a sign not too and changed the sheets and moved thing around. Front desk clerk was rude, the wait staff in the breakfast area was stuffing their face and not putting out more eggs or bacon, while watching tv. I thought I posted this on my app but clearly my app messed up so a year delayed.Do not stay here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2015

Dear Rita H,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay with us last year particularly with the broken hot tub and the service you received from our staff. We would like to follow up on this situation that is why we have sent you a private message to obtain more information. We hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Regards,