All reviewsfresh breadon arrivalstayed nightslovely gardencomfortable bedoff street parkinghome away from homegreat place to staystanleygoldietasmania
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

First impression was awesome.
As booking.com says there was a washing machine but unfortunately there wasnt so be careful on that we only stayed 2 nights but still took limited clothes thinking we could wash.

Also there no log burner as advertised It didnt affect us as weather was hot but what did there was no air con and the only fly screen was on the front door we left that open all night but be careful as the screen did not lock. It was so hot we never slept.
Hot water was limited also.
On the surface the place was clean but did need attention.
Strange oddment of plates only 2 etc.

The quaint little cottage was ok but it gave you the feeling that someone lived in there as there were little trinket boxes around and had bits of jewelery in that i thought was odd.

I wouldnt return purely because of the cleanliness and no aircon. There are other places to stay for same price
I broke the coffee plunger but offered to replace.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017

While this property has potential to be a great find, i personally did not enjoy it and will not return.

Pros: Very spacious, close to town, off street parking, well equipped, basic breakfast provisions

Cons:
* The single reverse cycle AC was not adequate to warm the large space to make me feel comfortable.
* I didn't like the lack of an electric blanket - especially in Smithton. The extra blankets didn't quiet cut it so i wore extra to bed..
* The presence of hair in the bathroom and especially around the toilet area was yuck - cleaning needs to be better.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Everything you need is thoughtfully provided in this flower themed delightful cottage. Clean, comfortable, warm and quiet it is a perfect spot for a holiday or just a couple of nights. Very reasonably priced. Homemade bread an added bonus.

Room Tip: Choice of cottages rather than a room.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2017

Yes what a gem, the best by far to stay in during our tasmanian trip. Freah home baked bread on the bench on arrival just set everything off to a great warm welcome. very roomy with full open plan. Very comfortable bed, good wiFi. Would we stay again-
O Yes.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2017

This is a sensational place to stay; my 'Rosebud' cottage was very roomy of approximately 4 squares. Add to that a modern kitchen with a free standing stove and oven, appointed with a microwave and other appliances; a modern large spa; and a homely decorative theme; and you have your home away from home! The cottage is lavishly decorated with cottage crafts which has been done by someone who really cares. Add to this the home baked bread waiting on the kitchen counter on arrival and you really do have perfection. I have stayed in establishments all over the globe mostly for work, and I do believe that this is the nicest most memorable and interesting accommodation I have ever stayed in. Although the decor may not be to everyone's taste, there is no doubting the wonderful intent and passion behind it. I felt as though I was staying at my grandmother's place where one could really relax and enjoy the rural ambiance (no traffic noise at all) of this great part of northwest Tasmania.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business