“Tasty Food”

Hamilton Cafe Bakehouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Hamilton
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Called in at almost closing time on our way from Strahan to Hobart. Delighted not to be turned away after a long drive, we were welcomed by very friendly staff. Food was excellent, especially the 'tractor cake'! Very clean. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

The Hamilton Bakehouse Cafe is now the Cluny Farm Cafe, a multi-generational family farming commitment to hand reared produce as the basis for stunning Bakehouse food and hospitality.
A great stop on your way north or south on the Lyell highway.
Hope this summer treats you, as it has us, with good experiences and the best of weather!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Called in here for a snack on the way back from Ouse, 2 pies & small soft drink $21.75 seriously!! these were not scallop pies or anything special egg & bacon, how can they charge around $8.50 for a pie & $4.75 for a soft drink, if we hadn't been in a rush for Mothers Day & thinking more clearly I would not have paid, plus we had to wait for over 8 minutes to be served. If your hungry don't stop here & if you do take out a loan especially if you want a full meal.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is the place to stop for great food and coffee. The service is excellent, and the open fire will start coming in to its own from now on. Best of all was the friendly service, and the encouragement to get back on my bike. I'll be back, and can't think of a better place to stop.

1  Thank fullersm55
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Called in for breakfast on way to Ouse from Bruny Island to collect milk for cheesemaking on Bruny Island, will be doing this every week but I will not be calling in here again for breakfast.
A steak and mushroom pie and a latte, $15.50!!! Rick is very pleasant and the pie was great, as was the latte but $15.50 for a pie and latte was a shock, yes I ate in and was offered the daily paper but still felt ripped off. Strangely Rick gave me a complimentary sausage roll (with sauce) on the way out. Being typically Australian I did not complain or question, but I am now furious that I did not do so, I mentioned this to the dairy farmer where I pick up the milk and he said that this particular business has a reputation for no repeat cutomers? Is this what Hamilton needs? Maybe, for the tourists who pay up and wont be back, but for regular customers forget it, I will get breakfast in Ouse at half the price.

1  Thank joe b