“Great meal!”

Price range: US$11 - US$23
Cuisines: Pizza, Australian, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a really cool wine bar/restaurant doing wicked wood fired pizza and seriously good bistro style meals. We use fresh seasonal local produce. Set in a small seaside town in Tasmania's deep south, we deal directly with local seafood producers, farmers and fruit and vegetable growers. The atmosphere is relaxed with great ambience, awesome music and a chilled vibe. Please call for bookings. Also during winter we have shorter trading times and a simpler menu.
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

We had a great dinner at the post office! The pizzas were beautiful. The desserts great and the two caeliacs in our family were well looked after. The town of Dover is so cute and this little restaurant is a great asset to the town.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

We dined at the Post Office during our short stay in Dover. Meals were excellent and service good. Not many eatery choices in Dover but they are not needed with the PO there.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

This restaurant is really top notch. Dover is a little fishing village but so scenic. Despite the rainy blustery weather, the service was cheerful and prompt, the room warm, the food delicious and the wine outstanding. We had a Vesuviana which my husband assured me did not make him breathe smoke! I had the Special Red Stag which was not spicy and more to my liking as it was local venison and very delicious. It had any interesting Beetroot base which combined with the mushrooms and rosemary provided an unusual but tasty result. Two Scotch and dys topped off a very satisfying meal. We have been here before for a meal and NEVER been disappointed. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

We live down the road and decided to try Post Office 6985 as a take away. I asked the girl who answered the phone what pizza they had and she quickly rattled off a huge range of pizzas. I just picked two that sounded nice.

Over $50 later and hubby went to pick up our order, which arrived on time and was piping hot.

For taste, the pizzas were okay, maybe a little too rich for our tastes and IMHO a little too expensive for what was offered.

Perhaps if we have dined in the experience would have been different, in fact I am sure if would have been.

I think next time we will dine in and experience everything that all the other reviews spoke about, rather than take away.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

I have had a few pizza at Post Office 6985 this year and find find them well presented and tasty and the small suits me fine. Will be back again.