“Longest wait”

Stonie's Restaurant & Coffee Lounge
Ranked #33 of 108 Restaurants in Devonport
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Visited this cafe on a whim and we were just needing a quick easy lunch.

Ordered food after a 15 minute wait and the waitress didn't know much about the menu although the menu was fairly extensive which was great.

After ordering the food it took 35 minutes to come out which seemed incredibly excessive as there were only 6 other people in the entire cafe!

Other than that food was tasty.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

This place was recommended to us. We are so glad we visited. Lovely food and wonderful service. Thanks so much.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Ok, I'll start off with the compliments as there are very few.

The seats weren't uncomfortable, however my fiancee found them a bit awkward to sit at (She is 5')
The decor was nice. Not amazing but it was suitable for dining.

Now everything else.

We both ordered a Basic Bacon and Eggs without the bread, my fiancee ordered extra sausage and mushroom and I ordered extra mushroom.

For 3 dollars, you get a singular sausage added to the meal. For 2 dollars you get a single mushroom soaked in oil.

The food:

The bacon had a texture resembling sand covering it, very gritty and bad enough to the point I was unable to eat a mouthful of it. My fiancee fared better with the bacon but did not finish it.

The eggs were very watery and not flavourful in the slightest. It took way too much salt and pepper just to add enough flavour to make it feel as if I wasn't just eating mush. The eggs were also poorly cooked.

The mushrooms we both added were very minimal for 2 dollars and were soaked with oil.

The sausage was apparently greasy and terrible.

We also bought a coffee. we asked for Cappuccino's without the chocolate, to which we were very rudely informed that what we wanted was a Latte. For reference, a Cappuccino without chocolate and a latte have different milk amounts. So obviously this place knows sweet FA about coffee and has no right serving it.

And the Latte was also dreadful, coffee grounds in the bottom of the cup and even awkward to drink.

After we had paid for our meals, I felt quite ill after. It may have been the massive amounts of oil and grease that were in the food, it may have been poorly cooked food.

All in all, avoid the heck out of this place. Devonport would be a better place without it.

1  Thank James A
Reviewed 28 January 2018

We visited this café for breakfast and two of the meals were very nice, however I ordered toast and jam, it was extremely dry with no taste at all. It was buttered in the kitchen so by the time it came out it was stone cold. The staff were friendly and the breakfast were very well priced.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Very friendly staff that were very accommodating.

Price was very good compared to other cafes in the area.

Out of 4 meals, 2 were very nice however the toast (other 2 meals) was dry and in particular one slice was the end of the loaf.

Coffee was nice.

So overall the dining experience was good and when considering the price I would revisit this cafe for a second time.

1  Thank xsstyl