All reviews cider bar top floor deluxe spa room room service la pomme central location business trip car parking king bed nice room place to stay walking distance good size free wifi excellent location visit devonport comfortable stay
Reviewed 3 April 2018

When I checked in at 3:00 p.m. on March 15, 2018, I was given Room 001 for two nights which is on the parking lot level next to the air conditioner compressors, next to the Oasis Casino air conditioning compressors and the drive through bottle shop traffic. I was told there were no other King Studio rooms available for the price I paid which was AUD 141/night. I couldn't sleep with all the noise and at 11:00 p.m. I asked to be moved and was told nothing is available. On March 16th the manager called me at 1:30 p.m. to say I could be moved to the 4th floor for an additional AUD 40. After looking at the room I moved to Room 406. No one should ever be assigned to Room 001. I wrote to the Choice Hotels International, Inc. President and CEO asking for a refund of the AUD 141 for the night of March 15, 2018. Room 406 is a nice room and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelManagerQHG, Manager at Quality Hotel Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My journey started with a day trip from Melbourne to Devenport on the Spirit of Tasmania. The trip was great and my Redline bus was the next morning. I picked this hotel as it had a good rating and was next door to the bus terminal.
The hotel and room were neat and clean
The bathroom appeared recently renovated
The king size bed was two single beds (annoying)
The pillows were terrible and I tried all six
The hotel plumbing is noisy so it was noisy all night from other rooms
The rooms AC was rattling
The room TV was slow to change channels
The room rate did not include breakfast, the breakfast menu was ok but expensive
Unfortunately I expected more from this hotel from its average ratings and room rate.
Devenport does not have much to offer on Easter Sunday. I should have hired a car and kept moving.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I was booked into this hotel by my employer. It was really great. A luxury room, large and comfortable bed. Nice bed linen. I slept very well. All blinds, windows controlled by remote. The TV was good, in room WIFI was reliable. Reception staff very friendly and efficient.
The bathroom is quite big and had a spa bath and really good shower.
I had a room service meal from the restaurant. It was delicious, best meal I'd had for weeks, if not months! Highly recommend this hotel, which has parking for no fee for guests.

Room tip: only stayed one night, can't really say
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 2 April 2018

After a terrible backpacking holiday, my boyfriend and I were so happy to stay in a nice hotel. We loved the spa bath and that you have crime channel. The front desk was so nice and happy to help us with everything. Being right near a bottle shop and having room service was exactly what we needed. Plus the conversations with the staff was fabulous. When I rang last minute, I wasn't expecting anything but the fact that I was spoken to so nicely and happily and that you had one room available that was a spa room, was awesome. Thank you so much for turning our holiday around and making what was going to be a terrible night so terrifically fantastic!!!:):)

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we turned your holiday around.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Always a nice place to stay. Is convenient and has nice feel to the property. I was told of an upgrade that was taking place and it was a pleasent suprise to see that it had happened. The only thing that I would say is that the bathroom sinks need different taps that could be more user friendly but I am crasping at straws to pick on this.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Reviewer, thank you very much for your comments, Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Hope to see you again on your next visit