“Tastie Japanese”

Bento
Ranked #32 of 108 Restaurants in Devonport
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Like others suggest limited choice but what they offer is fresh fast and friendly at a reasonable price. Great if your after quick lunch on the run.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

I had lunch at Bento in Devonport Tasmania yesterday. I have had lunch there before of course. I have been to a few high end Japanese restaurants but for a budget conscious people Bento is a good choice.
I had the B2 choice so for a little under $12 Australian there is tasty stir fried chicken and beef with a tiny bit of seaweed but very tasty a kind of coleslaw with I'm guessing kewpie mayonnaise and rice . The decor is is modern industrial with polished concrete floors osb walls and a recycled board ceiling. The clientele I would have to say, were slimmer than the average Tasmanian, me included, maybe from having healthy Japanese food.
The old Bento in Rooke Street had little bottles of wine and Boags beer which this Bento doesn't which is a shame.
A healthy fast food alternative served quite quickly with the bonus of not breaking the bank.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Love the food here :) very quick service, and at a reasonable price too. Not alot to choose from, but it is all very tasty

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

This Japanese restaurant is pretty much your only choice for Japanese food in Devonport. Fortunately it is good value and reasonably good food, definitely aimed at Australian taste buds.

We came with a large group and no one was disappointed. The restaurant had trouble serving us all together, but this was not an issue for us. We all had a great time.

Most of us bought drinks there, but my partner and i brought in a bottle of champagne (and glasses) and some Asahi beers :)

Staff friendly and polite, the restaurant fairly casual and space suitable for young families. Taste was also suitable for young ones with very limited raw fish on offer/display :(

Don't expect your favourite sushi or sashimi dishes here, but enjoy what they do have!

Reviewed 22 February 2017

I have been here mukltiple times and have brought take out from here. The restaurant has a nice feel to it, the food is some of the best in Devonport and the staff are always friendly. I highly recommend Bento.