“Great ham off the bone !!”
Review of Hill Street

Hill Street
Ranked #12 of 108 Restaurants in Devonport
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Well worth a visit and a coffee, Crusty rye bread baked daily , delicious Inferno salami , the name says it all !! have a break and chat and a snack...

HillStreetGrocer, Public Relations Manager at Hill Street, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you @gustillers7. Yes, the bread is great isn't it and the ham off the bone - makes for a fabulous sandwich.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Visited a couple of nights ago after reading about it in ‘Flavours of Tasmania’. Looking for something in particular and if you can’t find it here then you probably won’t find it anywhere. I could have spent so much longer here. Enjoyed a coffee and cake at their cafe -planning my next visit. Cheesery, butcher, baker, homewares, cafe, florist - what a wonderful place.

What a lovely review! Thank you so much Anne J for taking the time to leave that feedback for us.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

well, we often eat here and over all it's pretty decent although at times the service is a bit on the slow side. On Sunday we called in for lunch and saw that most of the tables were reserved for a mother's day lunch but we did manage to find a table right at the back ( near the toilets) that was empty with no reserved sign on it. Great we thought we will be able to get a meal. My daughter went to the counter to order only to be told that they were only serving the reserved tables as part of the mother's day thing and that they weren't going to cook for us ( I believe those were the words used) I have to say this was offensive to say the least!!. they could easily have put up a poster saying closed due to function or put reserved signs on all the tables and apologized for any inconvenience to regular patrons. I do like the food here but right now I'm really offended and don't know when i'll be back.

HillStreetGrocer, Public Relations Manager at Hill Street, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Hi Laura, we are sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to discuss this further with you and try to fix things up for you. Would you be able to email your phone number to marketing@hillstreetgrocer.com so that we can call you? Cheers, HSG

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

this place is so popular that you struggle to get a table considering it’s a IGA that’s pretty amazing. The food will and the friendly staff will speak for itself a big choice of items on the menu and specials board should cater to most no worries.

So i had mushrooms and a sauce that I wanted to lick from the bowl. Can’t remember what other half had and the shared gene pool has salmon eggs Benedict.

I would love to say don’t go here but it’s bloody good so give it a crack

Thanks Haidee for your great review - we appreciate it.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

A friend and I had lunch here and we were very impressed with everything - the food was excellent (toastie and salad and veggie baguette + drinks) and the desserts and pastries. I wanted my toastie on sourdough and was told "Of course, anything you'd like" by the very helpful and pleasant woman who took the orders and payment. We were there at noon and the place was packed, but I did notice a "Reserved" sign on one booth, so they will obviously take bookings. Next time we will book, as there are many very tasty looking selections on their menu that we're keen to try. Highly recommend this place! Great food, service and reasonable prices.

Thanks for your review :)