“Excellent steak meal”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Service was efficient, decor was fresh and atmosphere friendly. I has a large eye fillet with mushroom sauce which was very good quality and cooked to perfection. The chips were also very tasty and there was a good selection of salads at the salad bar which were included with the meal. I had the 100 Lashes beer which was very pleasant. I will certainly come back to Mallee Grill when I am next in Burnie.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Wednesdays is our most popular day as we really enjoy the Parmi/Schnitzel Special..
Lunch or tea.. and you have your choice from the bain marie of fresh salads for lunch
and tea choose from the salads AND freshly baked selected vegetables....
crunchy chips and gravy included...we reckon this is pretty hard to beat,
see for yourself!!!!...only at the Mallee Grill in Burnie.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

My wife and I ate at the Mallee Grill on our second night in Burnie, in October 2017.
On our first night, almost every restaurant near our motel was closed, because of the Burnie Show - (note to those businesses - if you want to be in hospitality and be successful, NEVER close on Friday, Saturday or Sunday). After eating takeaway in our motel room, we walked along the boardwalk to watch the penguins come ashore. While passing the Mallee Grill, which was on the opposite side of the road, the smells coming towards us made our mouths water - so, guess where we went for dinner during the rest of our stay in Burnie - not the ones that were closed for the Show!!
We were lucky enough to get a table near the window at the Mallee Grill, with a partial view of the ocean. We were greeted with enthusiasm and seated promptly. They have quite a comprehensive menu but after the enticing smells from last night we just had to have one of their flavoursome steaks, with as much salad or vegetables as we wanted from the buffet. We also bought a good quality red wine, dessert, and coffee. We suggest that everybody tries the Mallee Grill when in Burnie - you won't be sorry.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We had dinner here last night and despite there being a beautiful big char grill, none of us felt like steak, not to worry we had lovely schnitzels and parmi. The meals come in 2 sizes which is really a good idea and worked for us as we weren't very hungry. Each main meal comes with the salad/vege bar which is great, I had the veggies which were lovely home style cauliflower bake, honey butter carrots and corn on the cob. The service was good and very friendly.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

What a refreshing approach to meal sizes. A variety of steaks and even chicken schnitzel came in different sizes.I ordered a small chicken schnitzel and it was perfect, I was able to top it off with a variety of salad from the Salad Bar (or hot veges had I wanted). We were a group of 4 and we all enjoyed our meals.

1  Thank Karyn F