“Beautiful location and basic rooms”

The Hideaway Retreat
Reviewed 24 March 2016

The retreat building itself looks lovely, it has a wonderful country feel to it, and the view from the rooms (I believe all the rooms overlook the backdrop) is beautiful. It is extremely peaceful overlooking the Blue Mountains and listening to the birds echo through the trees.
The main areas of the accommodation are well presented, and the fireplace with the surrounding couches is lovely.
The walls in the hallways are lined with books and decorative pieces, mostly musically influenced.
The rooms are OK, but nothing spectacular. The beds are double beds, so my Husband and I found it very cosy. The door handle to our bathroom was broken and the toilet roll holder was loose. The fridge was not plugged in and as very hard to reach the plug with the TV stand the was it was just under the power point. Linen, including Towels, were provided. The toilet paper we were provided was half empty (which was fine, it was on the holder, we understand that) but the 2nd roll was not wrapped which led us to believe it was a used one as well. We also found a note under the table in the room which was for guests that had previously stayed for a different wedding.
I was impressed with the supplied shampoo, body wash, massage oil, razor kit, comb, shower cap etc - most places do not provide all of those things and the product itself was lovely.
The staff were chatty and friendly and helpful. They were happy to help out in any way possible.
The swimming pool is well maintained and has chairs to lounge on around it on those warmer days. We were there for an evening event, so we did not try out the pool!.
As we were there for a wedding there was a mix up with the breakfast and we needed to provide the ingredients for breakfast and the venue provided the facilities such as a BBQ, commercial Toaster etc. I am not sure if this is also the case with normal stays. They did provide Tea and Coffee at all times.
The Hideaway Retreat has a lovely view and excluding the smaller imperfections, would be a nice place to spend a weekend away enjoying the peaceful Mountains.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the Mountains.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 February 2016

Room was large and clean but very old fashioned with furniture and fittings needing a total update. The views are very good. Parking is shockingly inadequate and it took 10 mins to get our car out from the hopeless mess of badly parked cars. The place is overpriced for what it provides and we were very disappointed with the whole experience.There is no insulation and the floor above us creaked for ages way into the night. We would not stay there again. It is not four stars!!!!!!

Room Tip: None that I can recommend
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2015

Rooms were basic, and the whole place is in need of refurbishment. Breakfast was included and was not great. Home made bread was inedible. Not at all what we thought we were getting for nearly $200 per night.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Wendy P
Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

This stunning homely accommodation is perfect to get away from the bustling city. I stayed 2 nights and went home completely recharged and rejuvenated. The room opens out to the Blue mountains , a lovely pool area and the beautiful sounds of the Australian bush. Crickets sing at night and the morning greets you with the sounds of roosters and birds.reminds me of my childhood. Tranquil and pretty accommodation only a short quiet and relaxing walk into town. Turn your phone off, leave your laptop home and bring a good book.you won't be disappointed. I look forward to coming back.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2015

My daughter and I planned a mother daughter weekend and I booked a hotel on WOTIF, I put in 4 star as the criteria as you may know you have to pay for a mystery hotel before you actually see it. My daughter and I arrived at the Hideaway at about 4pm on the 9 July 2015, the place was empty. At the receptionist desk a notice said call a number which we did, a friendly staff appeared and showed us to our room.The room allocated to us was room 20 at the end of a corridor, we had to pass the other 19 rooms all open and in darkness to get to our room and the corridor was dimly lit. We were informed by the receptionist that there is no kitchen and there will be a continental breakfast (meaning two cereals and a plate of melons). A warm breakfast is available starting at $15.00 for two eggs and bacon.

We seemed to be the only ones there, we left our bags in the room which was okay but not four star, and rushed of to Leura. We came back around 6pm and the whole place was in complete darkness, we actually only had my car headlights to see the entrance to the hotel.

This turned out to be a very disappointing break for my daughter and I.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family