“Not my preference ”
Review of Cedar Lodge Cabins

Cedar Lodge Cabins
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

I was given a voucher for cedar as a gift and felt rude if I didn't use it. Upon reviewing the place on TripAdvisor, I knew it wasn't a place I would typically stay at however wanted to keep an open mind.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a lady who looked a bit tired and quickly told us where our cabin was located. We were also given a bottle of cheap wine as part of the deal - $6 in value (something to keep in mind if you were expecting something decent).

We drove to our cabin where another car had parked in our spot (there must have been a family or group of friends next door) So perhaps advising people of where to park would be good.

The lodge is very clean but just old - it could really do with some renovations, the bathroom sink is so out dated, they have shower curtains and the decor is so 70s.

I'm also not a fan of the futon as it makes the place feel cheaper than it already is. Wouldn't be a bad idea to toss out the printed sheets and update to a solid colour scheme either.

Personally, I would have stayed at eagle view but did not want to waste the money of the person who gifted the voucher.

Please note this is my opinion based on personal preference and I am not recommending to stay or not stay at cedar.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

This is one of the few pet friendly accommodation places in the mountains. Each time I've stayed the cabins are spotless and being self-contained they have everything you need. Lots of great dog friendly walks near by. Easy walk into Mt. Victoria.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Had a great time with the wife and kids over the weekend. Warm and cosy cabins without the boring white modern look, has a lovely old style decor, great games room and lovely hosts. This is our third visit and we just love it.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2017

the hway noise was ok from cabin 2 but the décor is seriously from the 70s. it was clean but the double bed old and saggy and futon very uncomfortable to sit on and obscured watching tv. A/C next door very noisy. we are 3star pple and stayed hereinthe 80s and it seriously hasn't changed and was 50 dollars per night more than, any other accommodatn we paid for long w/end.

Room Tip: get cabin off the hway ask which ones.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

This is the worst cabin I have ever stayed in. Garden overgrown in front of the cabin, interior very outdated. Booked kingbed cabin for myself and three children thinking there would be plenty of room. So wrong. The old futon could not be folded out as you could not get to the bathroom or main door from the rest of the room. Had to use the worn foam mattress under the futon on top as a single bed and share the king bed with two other kids. Expensive and would not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
25.8 km away
Black Gold Motel
Black Gold Motel
#1 of 2 in Wallerawang

Been to Cedar Lodge Cabins? Share your experiences!