“Takeaway”

Blackheath Fish Shop
Ranked #19 of 36 Restaurants in Blackheath
Reviewed 30 July 2018

confusion when ordering something different than standard on menu burger items- order was incorrect when we got it home. Just seemed too difficult for the staff member to use a system like the big burger chain .

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Family weekend away. On Saturday at 3pm we were after a mid afternoon snack in Blackheath. Chips were fabulous. Fish - inside the thick soggy batter was tasty. Service was non existant. Young girl yawned as she took my money. Once our takaway was ready she called the number, tossed box on counter and turned away. Young man was ok.
Handy location, it was nice to sit in the sun at the picnic tables across the road and watch the trains go by.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Whenever we're at Blackheath we stop in here. Because we stayed in the area for a few days we went here a couple of times. First visit was great. Grilled fish and chips was done wonderfully. The second - the grilled fish and chips we ordered wasn't grilled it was watered and fried - called them so we could get grilled instead.

When I called and told them the order was wrong instead of the right answer which would be "I'm sorry about that" I got silence - in fact the silence was so long I thought the call had dropped out.

Didn't get an apology about the order mistake just telling me that unless I brought it back they couldn't do anything for me. Bit strange they didn't apologise but okay.

So I went back and returned the fish and chips and was told they the replacement being cooked. So far so good...until they provided grilled fish but not chips.

When I told them I returned the fish and chips and was expecting fish and chips rather than just a fish they got annoyed and told me I'd have to wait because they didn't expect to do the chips...all the while the battered, fried fish with chips was sitting on the counter looking forlornly at the staff.

Inexperienced, poorly trained and with not great customer service skills.

It's a real shame because the first meal we got from there just a few days earlier was absolutely on the money.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Stopped on the way home from Lithgo after playing football so I was really hungry as were the other three people I had with me. To keep things simple, I just ordered Fish and Chips x 4......how hard can it be to get your signature dish to taste like it should. Despite being warned by one of the lads in the car,that the place had now new owners and he had heard bad reviews from other people, I decided not to listen to him. I mean, it’s a Fish and Chip Shop, Fish, Chips, Hot Oil, a bit of batter, Salt and Vinigar, a slice of Lemon, how hard can it be ?
I’ll keep it short, The worst Fish and Chips any of us had ever tasted, Four Fish and Chips in the next Bin !! seriously , not nice at all. Luckily I had the piece of Lemon in the tray to take the taste away.
I’ve read the reviews on here.......they must have wrote them themselfs or got family members or friends to write them !! No matter how hungry you are feeling, don’t waist your money, you’ll be looking for the nearest bin. Very Very disappointing.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Picture this... you walk in, the place is packed and there's a very young team behind the counter. This scenario never ends well for me, except here.

This young, friendly, efficient team should be congratulated. There's always a genuine smile, patience when your children um and ah and can't decide, and always fast and efficient service.

Nice food too.