“Consistently rated one of the top restaurants in Yelapa. Go early!”

taqueria los Abuelos
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Yelapa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Los Abuelos (the grandparents) indeed has the whole (large) family at work preparing the most delicious authentic dishes. Grandma always makes each taco to order. It is always full, but worth the usual wait of 15-20 minutes or so.
You will not be disappointed here. Really nice folks!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We ate here twice during our 5 nights in Yelapa, and I could have eaten here a 3rd time. They make their own corn tortillas on the spot! And as a vegetarian, they had a few different options which were all quite good, especially the chimichangas. My wife tried one crab taco and wouldn't really recommend that, but the fish and shrimp were great.

There are a number of tables with a great view of the bay, and I appreciated the fans. Both times we were there, we were treated very well. Especially the first time, when they were very patient with all my annoying questions and indecisiveness.

This place has its limitations, but everything they do, they do well. I wish I was there right now, sipping a modelo and munching on a veggie taco!

Reviewed 6 June 2018

In the top 2 places we ate! Service was a bit slow, but we were on vacation and didn't care. Great food and drinks.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

It took me a few days to figure out how to get to this place, even though it was a stone's throw from where we were staying. Ate there 3 days in a row and wished for more. Such delicious food, such reasonable prices. I got charged for an extra margarita the first night, and got an extra taco the second. Not an exact science, but what I consumed each time I was there made me really happy. Even the microwaved leftovers the next day. Delish!

Reviewed 20 May 2018

Los Abuelos is simply one of the best in Yelapa! We went three separate times during a 9 day stay in April.

Get there early or be willing to stand in line. Service may be slow when they are packed (which is often) but it is so worth the wait. They are now open for lunch sometimes (though we didn't make it in for lunch on this trip).

The owner is often seen buying fresh fish in the morning when we are walking in from the Point. The corn tortillas are hand made throughout the evening. Drinks made to order. Fresh herbs frequently harvested from the rooftop garden.

Real food, wonderfully made by hand. Amazing.