“2nd Visit”

Restaurant Tino's Oasis
Ranked #16 of 26 Restaurants in Yelapa
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

I've never had a bad experience here. No padding of the tab. I found the service very attentive. This visit I had a grilled shrimp dish that was excellent. I like Hector. He gave us a complimentary drink as we were return customers. It's nice to relax on the beach and watch the happenings of the day.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Hector and Cesar took good care of me and my buddies. Cold beer, good food and an excellent view. Thanks guys!

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Don't be pressured into eating here, find somewhere else on the beach or go hungry, you won't regret it.

We had the fish and shrimp tacos and the shrimp was frozen and cut into small pieces with a bunch of cheese and the fish tacos looked like dog food and just about tasted that way.

We got our bill from Hector who wrote it out and didn't even want to give us the actual bill, just told us the total. We got the bill and double checked it and he had overcharged us on two things..claimed he didn't know the prices. Hard to believe when he runs the place. We asked for our change back and he walked away to get it and never brought it back. We had to get it from another server.

Awful experience.

1  Thank Amanda P
Reviewed 21 June 2016

On my case, the experience with the Oasis restaurant was good, even with the boat service "La Guera" both services were good especial from Pepe.

Now, the food was good it wasn't cheap but hey come on, there is nothing there.
I tried a "aguachile of shrimp" and it was delicious, and 3 beers, they add an extra amount to the check, not sure if it was to use their table or what. but even do, I recommend it.

just go there early morning because the water taxi has their schedule and you need to return at 4pm if you will not be stay there.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

I was on a boat tour, which was outstanding however when the boat got to Yelapa a smaller boat that had Tinos Oceana on the side picked us up the boat driver was extremely grumpy and just yelling the whole time for us to get on the boat when we got to the shore the people from Tinos were waving us over to the restaurant I went over and before I sat down I asked the staff from the boat is it okay if we sit here and is this where we're having lunch they said yes.

I did not go to the waterfall and instead wanted to just stay on the beach I ordered a beer with a splash of Clamato when the waiter came back he brought the beer and a full glass of Clamato I said to him oh that's far too much Clamato and it would just be a waste he said to me why do you complain I said because I don't want to be wasteful he then charged me 70 pesos for one beer. I said to him but the beer is only 30 pesos on the menu and he said yeah well I don't make any money so I charge you to sit here I watched them do it to the other boats that were coming in they would they would waive people over to their chairs and charge extra.

Now let me explain a few things I understand it's Mexico and people need to make money, however, it's the fact that he was sneaky about it and just charged me after I ordered.

The people sitting next to me ordered two drinks and once we had discussed that he was charging extra for the chair they then ordered food which was not deducted off their bill we then had lunch there, which was prepaid and mine consisted of about 2 shrimp cut up into little pieces into four tacos with some refried beans it was gross I actually fed it to the dog.

Beware of this place it is a scam it's not how the beautiful Mexican people act.

And the iguana man was not to pleasant either, the iguana looked like it wanted to go back to PV, as badly as I did.

2  Thank redhorse64