1,830 results
All reviews camellia restaurant south downs junior suite pass restaurant afternoon tea pillow menu special occasion cake sandwiches beautiful hotel walk in shower take home wine cellar drawing room out of this world huge bathroom lovely touch
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

As a young adult this was my go to exclusive gorgeous escape where personal exclusive service was standard. Today, ten years on, that was sadly not the experience. The setting is great but the extenisions na schanges to the original building have created some cold cororate spaces. The gorgeous library bar is gone, the piano vanished, the terrace reduced in size and the trees need tlc.
The service was efficient, the food unextrodinary but adequate, gravy arrived, for the roast, after 2 of the party had finished and the coffee was cold. It was also not ok to see the waiting staff decant and mix the wine before serving, i care not if is the same type empty one then the other do not pour them together- very poor form.
I will not returning unless it is a corporate event. Really sad that my memories of a special place have been replaced by another corporate orientated hotel.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Alison C
KerraB5, Guest Relations Manager at South Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Alison,

May I thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to South Lodge. I would like to assure you that your feedback has been taken very seriously and in turn has been passed onto the relevant managers to address and discuss with their teams, retraining will be arranged where appropriate.

I truly hope you change your mind and revisit South Lodge in the future as we are continually updating and taking South Lodge forwards.

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

All I can say is wow. The whole experience from start to finish was amazing from arrival to departure. Nothing could be improved upon and not stopped raving about the lunch since I got home. We had the 6 course tasting lunch menu and it was just superb. If you haven’t gathered we just loved it and would 200% recommend to anyone

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
KerraB5, Guest Relations Manager at South Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2018

May I thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review your recent Lunch at the Pass. I am absolutely delighted to see that you both had such a wonderful experience and truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Beautiful morning views, spacious bed rooms and great service staff. Event space is large. Although spa is not ready you can still enjoy the hotel. Clean areas and relaxing stay. Rooms had coffee machines, luxury amenities, iron and safe.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to South Lodge. I am absolutely delighted to see that you had such a wonderful stay with us and truly look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

We Went to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and were treated very well. Had a small little gesture on the table to say happy anniversary and we had a really lovely afternoon tea. The Service was exceptional
Food was amazing great selection and a wonderful selection of teas
Highly recommend it

2  Thank Sarah H

Dear Sarah,

Firstly may I congratulate you once again on your 30th Wedding Anniversary. I am delighted to see that you both had a such wonderful Afternoon Tea with us celebrating such a special occasion, we truly hope have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Love this place, always feels like a home away from home. Great big rooms, superb overall estate, top friendly service and a nice set of restaurants. Good gym and also looking forward to the new spa which is opening this spring. Great

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RichardU71

Dear Richard,

May I thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to South Lodge. I am absolutely delighted to see that you had such a wonderful stay with us and truly look forward to your return when the Spa opens in 2019.