Cisswood House(Lower Beeding)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Travelodge
1,790 results
All reviewscamellia restaurantsouth downspass restaurantjunior suiteafternoon teapillow menuspecial occasioncakesandwichesbeautiful hotelwalk in showerwine cellartake homedrawing roomout of this worldlovely touchhuge bathroom
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We stayed at the South Lodge for two nights for our wedding anniversary. We were given the Lady Clementine suite, which is possibly the largest hotel room I've ever stayed in! Decor was superb (think room was recently refurbished?) and everything about the room and our stay was first class. Staff were absolutely fabulous and could not do enough for us. Breakfast was excellent - buffet or can order from menu - and if the weather is good, the views from the 'patio' are magnificent.
During our stay, we also booked the wine tasting in the very impressive cellar at South Lodge. Our Somelier - Frank - made it one of the most enjoyable experiences we could have wished for. I could see the challenge in his eyes when my wife declared she did not drink red wines, and sure enough by the end she had found 3 she liked!! Would highly recommend this if you love mad, passionate French men!!

Room Tip: Lady Clementine suite is huge!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony D
Management response:Responded 17 September 2017

Dear Tony,

Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to South Lodge. I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and that we played a helping hand in making your Anniversary extra special. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Recent trip to the Goodwood Revival meeting with friends, we stayed two nights at this beautiful hotel set in extensive grounds.

The view from the dining room is magnificent looking across the lawn to the countryside beyond. The reception was efficient and all the staff very polite, as one would expect given the price. The room was adequate and well equipped with Bose music system in addition to the usual television.

The bathroom had a large walk in shower as well as a bath.

Did not eat there apart from breakfast which was adequate. The bar is well stocked and the service good.

It is not cheap but a place to indulge oneself if only for a while.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 17 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to South Lodge. I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I booked a private afternoon tea to celebrate my mother's birthday. There were ten of us and two dogs! The staff were wonderfully hospitable and the private room was sumptuous with a lovely views to the Downs in the South. The tea was outstanding with cake boxes supplied for those all important cakes and scones we were not able to eat for us to take home. One of our party was vegan and gluten free and we were all amazed at how lovely her individual tea was with every element replicated the full tea we all enjoyed. We will definitely be back

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 12 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your recent Afternoon Tea at South Lodge to celebrate your mothers birthday. I am delighted to read that you all had such an enjoyable afternoon with us and very much look forward to your return.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Having driven past this hotel countless times we made a spontaneous visit today to try their traditional afternoon tea.

On arrival it Initially looked like they were fully booked but a late cancellation meant they were able to accommodate us.

They offer a range of options we went for the non-alcoholic option! There's a great range of teas and they have options for all dietary requirements. I'm pescatarian and my wife is vegetarian do our sandwich selection reflected this and I heard one of the other guests being served a gluten-free option.

There was a nice selection of savouries and cakes plus the scones. We devoured them all and were offered more sandwiches and as a nice final touch you even get some cake to take home (if you can't manage to eat on site).

Outside of the tea the setting both in the hotel and grounds are great with the opportunity to have a walk in the 70 plus acres.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 12 September 2017

Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Afternoon Tea at South Lodge. I am thrilled to read that you had a lovely afternoon and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Having returned to have an afternoon tea for the third time in three year as a Christmas present from our daughter we were very disappointed ,with a place like this you expect very high standards . For the price my daughter paid, it was very mediocre no finger sandwiches no fresh salmon sandwiches they were just criss cross the type the ends turn up . I don't think we will go there again .

Stayed: May 2017
Management response:Responded 10 September 2017

May I thank you for taking the time to review your recent Afternoon Tea at South Lodge. I am naturally very disappointed to read that your experience did not meet your expectations as of previous occasions. I would like to take this opportunity to offer you my sincere apologies and ask if you would contact our Bar, Lounge & Terrace Manager James Brackley as he would like to personally discuss your feedback in more detail. His email address is James.Brackley@exclusive.co.uk. We very much look forward to hearing from you in due course.