“Excellent fresh fish and crispy chips”
Review of Kingfish

Kingfish
Reviewed 3 March 2016 via mobile

We saw the reviews and were concerned. Clearly someone has an axe to going as the food was first class with very friendly service. Some of the best fish and chips we have had.

Reviewed 25 January 2016

This evening I attended this establishment & I was a bit shocked at the prices, but went ahead & ordered a large Cod, large chips, & a quarter of chicken which came to a whopping £14.15p which I paid .
The staff were polite but very mundane, no polite chatter to pass the time while waiting for what seemed an age, eventually the lady enquired whether I required salt & vinegar I asked for onion vinegar & was told we only have real vinegar, which I declined, I then saw the size of the portion of chips as it appeared small stating that I ordered "large", I was told sharply that it was a large portion! Then I saw the cod & it was only approximately 7 inches long & I stated again that I ordered large & was told this was a large COD, on the bright side the Chicken was fine in portion size, I left & went home to eat with the family the fish was awful really greasy batter & the Cod was mushy I couldn't eat it, the chips were fine as was the chicken my wife had.
I will never visit again!

2  Thank M M
Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

I'm afraid I have to agree with the negative reviews. Poor customer service to take away customers which doesn't endear me to go back. Even the younger staff seem to be devoid of a personable approach. Unfortunately, my wife was taken ill following their cod meal. I thought they should know in case their suppliers were having issues or indeed themselves. No complaint just to let them know. Unsurprisingly, they were very defensive and dismissive that there food could have anything wrong with it. I understand their protective attitude but a little empathy regardless of whether they agreed with me would maybe think different about this establishment.

2  Thank Diamond_Dave_Too
Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

We have tried Kingfish on three occasions now and each time it has gone downhill. We ordered a large portion of chips and two medium haddock, when it arrived the young lady serving could not work out how much change I should receive from £20 with the bill coming to £15.25 despite me telling her on three occasions it was £4.75. We got home and dished up to find the smallest 'large' portion of chips you have ever seen and two small skin on shrivelled pieces of alleged haddock that to be honest tasted like anything but haddock all this at a premium price. My understanding is that this establishment while always being pricey used to have a good reputation, that I fear has now gone forever under the current owner the reviews on trip tell you this I'm sorry to say. My advice would be get back to basics and give good food at a fair price!

2  Thank Rob V
Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

Arrived one lunchtime only to be served by a very unwelcoming and almost rude elderly lady. Customer service was awful and she looked at me as if I had just robbed her. The prices are extremely high for what is only an average tasting fish and chips. Much better choice is Mr Chippy just down the road in Haywards Heath, they are well worth a visit.
Won't be going back to Kingfish!!

3  Thank Thinner-lizzy